Author Topic: Matheson family from Dornoch  (Read 6604 times)

Offline CJPanda

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Matheson family from Dornoch
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 September 17 18:22 BST (UK) »
Hi

Just found this post
I have info about this family.
Just wondering who in particular you are interested in

Offline Budweiser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 00:54 BST (UK) »
Hi CJ Panda. If you don't mind going back to page 1, it has all my information on the Matheson and  McBeath family that I am looking for. I also am interested in pictures if anyone has any on the family.
Thank you

Offline CJPanda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 08:53 BST (UK) »
Hi, Could I ask what branch you are linked to, as I have details of this line, but would rather ask the direct descendants before I send any photos. Regards

Offline Budweiser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 22 September 17 15:49 BST (UK) »
Hi CJ Panda
The line I am researching is Alexander Matheson and Elizabeth McKay. They had a son Alexander David James Matheson born Aug. 11/ 1879 in Clashnagrave Sutherland Scotland. He married Elizabeth Fraser McBeath April 25/ 1902 in Dornoch. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Offline CJPanda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 22 September 17 18:58 BST (UK) »
Hi
I will send message next week when I have access to my tree☺

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 07 October 18 00:01 BST (UK) »
Have you gone sideways:
Thomas Matheson m. Christy McRae 22 May 1848 Dornoch, Sutherland, Sco.
There are a few details available for his family in Portsee Inverness area, which may lead onto more clues, if he was a brother to Alexander Matheson (1831-1905).
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 07 October 18 07:20 BST (UK) »
I wish I had scotlandspeople website to confirm this information. I have Ancestry now so I can check out Censuses. I have been mainly using Familysearch.org.
See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=714261.0

Neither Ancestry nor FamilySearch has images of the originals of the census. All they have is transcriptions and indexes, and errors are known to exist in both.

Never trust anything you find online unless it is an image of an original document.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Dornoch

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 17 December 22 20:31 GMT (UK) »
You may already have found Thomas & family gravestone but I'll attach it anyhow (or maybe not as there's something whirring in the background!) It's in the Dornoch Free Church Cemetery & I've suggested the inscription to the memorial manager as it wasn't included when the memorial was created, so hopefully in the next few days it will appear. There are other McBeath's that I've photographed & will hopefully add within the next week.
I've been looking for Donald, Robert & Janet (Jessie) McBeath-mother, GF & GGGF of Marion Forbes 1857-1920, my Grandaunt Williamina's in laws.
You may already have corrections in the spelling of place names in the original posts: Evelix (2 miles from Dornoch on the A9). Fleuchary (an area not a house name) in the district of Birichen, to the left just after the Evelix garage going north (an area where Marion & family lived) & Gair House (I only know Gair building or hall) (on main road Bonar Bridge)
Kind regards