Author Topic: Richard Edwards + Elizabeth REDRUTH CORNWALL Help Please  (Read 7422 times)

Offline juliaanna1701

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Edwards + Elizabeth REDRUTH CORNWALL Help Please
« Reply #9 on: Friday 12 February 16 10:00 GMT (UK) »
David,
I'm not sure that John Edwards is related. His wife is Ann Pearson (from memory).
The possibly relevant (or not) passengers are Mrs William Glasson, nee Jane EDWARDS and Mrs Edwin/Edward Johns, nee Elizabeth EDWARDS.
http://www.familyhistorysa.info/shipping/passengerlists.html (surname Edwards)

Hi everyone, thank you all for your input so far,

Also don't forget Patience Edwards; she is listed as travelling also on the British Sovereign along with the others, and also is one of the possible 'siblings' who came to SA. Yes, the marriage cert does have RICHARD HENRY EDWARDS stating his age as 19; his wife (ELIZABETH DAVEY) was, according to her, 16 at marriage. And I do have a copy of the cert, so I can confirm, which means that RICHARD HENRY EDWARDS does fit in with the 7-year-old on the census, if my thinking is correct.

I haven't had much luck finding the marriages so far of the siblings, as it seems that the years missing in the REDRUTH OPC are the years that I need - I have had to find all the baptisms to RICHARD EDWARDS + JANE on familysearch (IGI) as they are not listed on the CORNWALL OPC unfortunately. I cannot find RICHARD EDWARDS (SNR) on any census records that match, so I am assuming that he must have died before 1841.

Have I made the right connections so far?

Again thank you all for your input and help; it is much appreciated.

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 12 February 16 10:11 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the extra Spike :)

I posted the Edwards names knowing it was possible - and indeed the separated listing would indicate this- that there was no connection.

JuliaAnna , certainly the link between Patience and Richard is there. As you point out there is no definitive.

Just a query , the FS records are they from a reader submission or an archived submission?
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline juliaanna1701

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 12 February 16 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Archived submission David, unfortunately. Here is the link:

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/AUS-SAGEN/2001-05/0989415377

It is from 2001 - I tried to contact the asker, but to no avail. I am honestly just after trying to figure out who the parents of RICHARD HENRY EDWARDS were, as they are only listed as RICHARD + ELIZABETH on his marriage certificate. As it is quite a common name, I am struggling with so many possibilites; which is why this link and the possibility that these siblings are the same siblings that are listed as having the same parents when baptised got me a bit excited.

But I have made mistakes before and was not 100% confident with my conclusion, and in particular having the gaps in the REDRUTH OPC, so I needed some help and advice :)

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 12 February 16 10:21 GMT (UK) »
My apologies JuliaAnna , I meant the IGI submissions.

( I use FamilySearch as the term :) )

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Scott, Cronin

Offline juliaanna1701

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 12 February 16 10:24 GMT (UK) »
My apologies JuliaAnna , I meant the IGI submissions.

( I use FamilySearch as the term :) )
[/quote

No worries - it is a friday night here :) My fault for misreading!

I can only find the baptisms I originally listed on the IGI at the moment - and yes they are archived submissions the state (from records; not uploaded genealogies)

Is that what you were after David? :)

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 12 February 16 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Thank you

I see a marriage (Cornwall OPC) in 23.10.1819 Redruth of a Richard Edwards to an Elizabeth Johns

Witnesses Remfry and Lemin

Scott, Cronin

Offline juliaanna1701

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 12 February 16 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Yes that is what I have found also. But the problem is (as I said in the original post) is that the only birth I can find for RICHARD EDWARDS in Redruth is in 1788; for ELIZABETH JOHNS it is 1790. This makes them old parents even in today's standards. The marriage record lists them both as a bachelor and spinster, but on ancestry user submitted trees there are a lot of people who are stating that RICHARD EDWARDS born 1788 in Redruth had three marriages with ELIZABETH JOHNS being his third; though none of them list any children. This confused me a lot and made me wonder whether I had made the right connection afterall. Should I be looking in a different parish for the births of these two, if indeed they are the parents of my RICHARD HENRY EDWARDS? they would be almost fifty when they had him (though he is the last son, and fourth and only surviving son named RICHARD)

Thank you all again for your help it really is appreciated :)

Online osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 12 February 16 10:59 GMT (UK) »
the baptism for Richard Henry Edwards 16 Feb 1836 in Redruth is on the Cornwall Family History Soc Index so taken from the register. It is the same date as the burial of Richard Edwards aged 46.

Copy of the marriage register for the 1819 entry
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01h1p/

Baptisms 1813-1837 are not on the filmed records available from FamilySearch.

Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline Spike H

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 12 February 16 11:11 GMT (UK) »
Two for the price of one. Ooops, did I say that out loud.
Thanks osprey, having the father dec'd before the 1841 census is helpful.
UK: Lee, Swift
CON: Davey, Harding, Hocking, Rule, Whinnen
AUST: McIntosh