Author Topic: Ransom family of Richmond Hill, Ontario  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ransom family of Richmond Hill, Ontario
« Reply #9 on: Monday 15 February 16 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Regarding the Ransom burials at the Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church Cemetery-can you give me the birth and death or burial date (at least the year) for those listed.

I know that Stanley Alfred Ransom senior was born 1903 and died 1959 but Im still missing the date/year of death for his wife Mildred Melvina Dickenson born 1904 on New Brunswick.

For Stanley Alfred Ransom Junior im missing his year of birth and death and the date of his marriage to Betty Louise Mabley (1933-2010) the daughter of Phillis May Mabely and Phillis's husband Carl

With the above  I will have all I need for this inquiry.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 February 16 12:45 GMT (UK) »
What you probably mean't to say was "Thank You" for the information - it takes RK a long time trawling thru papers looking for Obituaries, so it does deserve the courtesy of an acknowledgement,  rather than firing back another question  ::)

As suggested you could write or e-mail the Richmond Hill Presbyterian Cemetery - York Ontario
The OCFA site only gives the information already given.

Think it has been mentioned to you before on other threads about privacy laws in Canada. Ontario marriage registrations from the time period you are asking are protected by privacy laws.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 February 16 15:05 GMT (UK) »
That was all I was able to find in the newspapers. 

You could have a look through the Toronto Star archives yourself... here is the link to their site.  It is a paid site, but not very expensive.

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/thestar/search.html

Depending on where you live, your library might have access to this database.   Possibly your local family history centre too??

Sandra's suggestions of checking out the cemetery and the OFCA are excellent.

RK

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 February 16 16:04 GMT (UK) »
I certainly am very grateful for the information you have all provided but was waiting to offer my thanks after receiving a reply to my last posting. I see now they you have gone as far as you can and your help and time spent in replying to my inquiry is much appreciated.

Offline Bretster

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 03 November 16 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I just saw your post looking for information.  I am the great grandson of Moses Ransom, Stanley Alfred Ransom's father and Stanley's grandson.  I have all of the information and pictures about my family.  What would you like to know?

Offline Eamabley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 30 January 17 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

They are my husband's grandparents.  What exactly would you like to know?

Eamabley

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 31 January 17 11:06 GMT (UK) »
I now have all the information I wanted so thank you all for your time and effort in replying to my inquiry.

Offline Eamabley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 31 January 17 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Are you related to the Ransoms?  If you are, my husband would like to talk to you and compare notes.  He is very interested in his family tree and is looking for all the information that he can find.  If you could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 01 February 17 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello Eamabley

It would appear from your name that you are in the Mabley family, a name which is very familiar to me from the stories my father told me. My family is not related to either the Ransom or Mabley family but my father knew most of them. My father Douglas Edward Gilbert (1916-2009),although born in England came to Canada with his family in 1923 and from about 1925 until 1983 he lived most of his life in Richmond Hill as did I from the 1950's until 1981. He worked at the Bedford Park Floral Company from the 1930's until the 1960's and then for Mills Greenhouses until he and my mum opened Gilbert's Variety Store in 1963. They closed the store in 1970 when my mum got Cancer (she died in 1975). My dad opened a new store (The Activity Shop) in the Bayview Plaza in 1970 and ran it until he retired from business when my mum died. He lived with me for the last 26 years of his life. I have written an article about the Ransom family which I would be glad to send to you if you give me your email address (sent it by personal message on this website).