Author Topic: O'Connor  (Read 919 times)

Offline sstarr2008

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
O'Connor
« on: Sunday 14 February 16 21:34 GMT (UK) »
My gt grandmother was Anne O'Connor, she married Patrick Hogan at St Patricks Athlone on 29th Jan 1897.
According to census information and her age at death she should have been born 12th June 1876 in Limerick to a father called Robert Connor.
The tricky part is that my mother tells me that Anne's mother died in childbirth ( not sure if that was her birth or not) and her father was a soldier who couldn't look after the children so put them into a convent to care for them.
My mum thinks that there were 5? children, a brother called Roddy (Roderick?) and sisters Maggie and Bridget and another unknown sister. They may all have come to England as Anne did.

More confusion as Anne was also known as Annie and could have actually been Joanne.

I can't seem to find any information on any of this family, does anybody know anything about them?.

Stu
Starkey, Beaumont, Dunstan, Hogan, Nichol, Nichols, Laycock, Norbron, North, Smith, Connolly,O'Connor, Archer, Copley, Brook, Walker, Stocks, Berry, Swinden, Ambler.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: O'Connor
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 February 16 09:56 GMT (UK) »
Previously you gave her birthdate as 12 June 1875.

Hello,

My gt grandmother was called Annie O'Connor and she was born 12th June 1875 ish in Limerick. I am unsure of the year because although my mother told me Annies birthday, the year of birth is from the 1901 and 1911 census, in 1901 she was 25 and in 1911 she was 33.
The only other information I have is that she had a brother called Roddy (Roderick?) and sisters called Maggie and Bridget.

I am drawing a blank on any of this family, does anybody have any ideas as to how I could get any further with them please.

Stuart

No need to have started a new topic as the original one is still there with replies
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline sstarr2008

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: O'Connor
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 February 16 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Oops, sorry about that, I had totally forgotten about my previous post. How do I delete a duplicate post?

Stu
Starkey, Beaumont, Dunstan, Hogan, Nichol, Nichols, Laycock, Norbron, North, Smith, Connolly,O'Connor, Archer, Copley, Brook, Walker, Stocks, Berry, Swinden, Ambler.