Author Topic: The elusive Charlotte Morrison  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The elusive Charlotte Morrison
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 17 March 16 01:35 GMT (UK) »
The 1911 marriage is on familysearch and states she was bc.1883.

I was going by that circa birthdate when I searched for a death in Oxfordshire and it was only after I'd posted that I searched for her birth in Scotland which was in fact 4 years earlier.

With the death entry in Mar.qtr.1922 Headington, Oxfordshire also stating a birthdate ca.1883/1884, tying in with declared age at marriage, it seemed a strong possibility.  Perhaps she never admitted her true age for whatever reason. 

Looks like daughter Eleanor Charlotte could have married as plain Eleanor to a Reginald J. Gibbons Mar.qtr.1934 Oxford.   Deaths index shows an Eleanor Charlotte Gibbons b.21/1/1914 d.June 1996 Oxford.   Possible 2 children at Oxford - a daughter June.qtr.1938 and a son Mar.qtr.1944.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 17 March 16 01:58 GMT (UK) »
Family arrived from Bombay, India at Southampton on 10/4/1920.   Yet again, she is using the younger age i.e. 36 (bc.1884) so think the death I found is probably her after all.

Looks like Alfred Charles went on his own as a 16 year old (for farmwork) leaving Southampton on 25/3/1929 for Auckland, New Zealand (UK address 131 Magdalen Road, Oxford).   Can see no trace of him ever returning.

NZ BMD's show a death for an Alfred Charles Stone b.18/5/1912 died 1987 which sounds like him.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 March 16 18:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again, Annette. I'll try to follow those up.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.