Author Topic: Locke, Silas looking for help  (Read 5917 times)

Offline margden

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Locke, Silas looking for help
« Reply #18 on: Monday 22 February 16 21:28 GMT (UK) »
page 2 above is correct for all my grandfather Harold Frederick and his siblings information. the problem begins with Francis and his connection to Ireland...nothing here for a marriage to Mary...somehow I think the only one I found anywhere was Robinson which occured in Armagh around 1840...pretty sure this is incorrect Francis and Mary.
Tartaraghan parish seems to be the right Silas if I cannot find the records for Francis form Canada perhaps there is some way to trace descendants from Silas?

Offline ansimi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 00:19 GMT (UK) »
The information you posted is combing (at least) two William Lockes - one who stayed in Ireland and one who settled in Simcoe County. They were very close in age and used similar naming for their children. Finding proof one of them being a brother would be a big step.

Your posts will probably be edited as you have posted names of people who may be living which is not allowed here.

Offline margden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 00:23 GMT (UK) »
To my knowledge none of them are alive, but if you prefer to edit them out that is not a problem.

I still need help connecting Francis to Armagh and to Silas Locke there. Thought that posting all the original info would help in the search.

Offline ansimi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 00:33 GMT (UK) »
You named somebody you plan on emailing so they're probably alive and your longer post names somebody else as a source of information who may well be alive.

Offline margden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 00:36 GMT (UK) »
Right thanks please delete the posts

Offline margden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 00:42 GMT (UK) »
Eileenwilson, you mentioned finding a birth notice for a son of Francis Locke on 25 April 1859, where did you find that? I have his baptismal record only not a birth registration or notice. This would be my ggrandfather Silas Robert Locke.

Offline margden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 01:14 GMT (UK) »
also since I know Mary Jane Locke married to Robert Marks in Armagh is Francis Locke's sister, is it best to search for her birth and baptismal records tying her to Silas Locke and Margaret Lee? We have been focused on finding proof of a brother William but forgetting that Mary Jane was buried with Francis here in Toronto

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 01:41 GMT (UK) »
The Birth Notice was in the Toronto Globe newspaper (now the Globe & Mail)

Offline MGZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 01 December 16 06:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I believe this family of Silas Locke maybe one I have been researching.  My 3rd great grandfather was Alexander Robinson born 1839 in Lisnaske County Fermanagh to Alexander Robinson and his wife Hester Marie Locke. Alexander was Hester's second husband. I believe her first was a Harrison. Hester was born in March 1795 in Armagh Ireland. The information I have has her father's name as William.  I have not found her mother's name. The senior Alexander died in Decenber of 1848. They  had three other sons and a daughter  that I know . They were Fredrick,  Robert Lock, Thomas , and Alice K. After her second husband died she immigrated to the US with her two youngest children Alexander Jr and Alice. The others had previously come . She came to Mt Erie Wayne County Illinois where her younger brother Francis was living. She died there 27 October 1857. I have been searching for more information on her parents and for Alexander Robinson Sr 's parents as well. Any information  on this family  is appreciated.  Thanks  Mary