Author Topic: Floyd/Frazer  (Read 813 times)

Offline Ernest Floyd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Floyd/Frazer
« on: Friday 19 February 16 20:32 GMT (UK) »
My grandmother, Christina Johanna Frazer, born 1882, married Ernest Charles George Floyd, 22 July,1901 in Kimberley. Marriage certificate signed by Attorney to Parents of Bride, viz. Peter and Susan Wilhemina Frazer. I am looking for their (Bride's parents) particulars - her maiden name, dob, place and parents. Peter Frazer was a Scot but I have no other information on him. Can anyone help please?
Have had so much success from Roots Chat regarding my grandfather, ECG Floyd; thank you

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
Re: Floyd/Frazer
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 February 16 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi this in our archives:

DEPOT     KAB                                                                   
SOURCE    MOK                                                                   
TYPE      LEER                                                                 
VOLUME_NO 1/1/18                                                               
SYSTEM    01                                                                   
REFERENCE 3060A                                                                 
PART      1                                                                     
DESCRIPTION          FRAZER, PETER. DECEASED ESTATE PAPERS.                               
STARTING  1885                                                                 
ENDING    1885               

He may be yours the death notice indicates he was born in Scotland, and was about 40 years old when  he died, which would give him a  birth c 1845

If  you want the copy of the Death Notice pm me your email and I'll get it to you.                               
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Ernest Floyd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 February 16 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Thank you 3sillydogs for that info. I looked up that file at NASA in Cape Town, some time ago and found it wasn't the right Peter; he died unmarried and was a Baker in Kby. Christina Johanna Frazer born 5 April 1882, died in Usakos, Namibia 29 October 1941. I think she may have been the youngest of the family. At my father's baptism at Parish of Prieska, Gordonia & Draghoender, 26 Dec 1918, the witnesses were John Frederick & Irene Mary Frazer; my dad's second name was John. I found the following: John Frazer, son of Peter Frazer, died 23/7/1912, aged 12 days; Gong-Gong Ward 1, Barkly West; as well as: Robert Ernest Frazer, son of Peter & Catherine Sophia, baptised (Parish of Prieska with Kenhardt & Gordonia) 18/10/1914. In the latter, the wife's names are not that of my gran's mother's names. They seem to have been in the Kimberley area as my g'dad's occupation was given as Foreman on the CGR, which I take to be the Cape Government Railways, Kimberley. My Gran was Afrikaans-speaking, so I presume her parents were married in the Dutch R Church, bride's church? I've been  searching in the English churches but should probably look at D R Church records.
Thanks again for your help

Offline PaulineM

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 August 18 19:51 BST (UK) »
Hi there Ernest Floyd

Ernest I would love to make contact with you - we are definitely related. I am a great-great granddaughter of Ernest Charles Floyd who was baptised at St Olaves near Horseleydowns in London. I am still trying to get to the bottom of the mystery but as I have it from my great uncle Ernest Charles Muller (My late uncle Ernie Muller was also given his names) oupa Ernie Floyd married Christina Johanna Pretorius, granddaughter of Boer leader Andries Pretorius in 1899. I did at one stage have a photograph of her grave at Usakos in Namibia that I found on the internet - exactly where uncle Ernie said it was. Somewhere I also have a photograph of the two of them together. The grave only stated her name as Christina Johanna Floyd, though. I do remember there being a Mary Caines in his family tree. Does any of this ring a bell on your side? All the best, Pauline

Offline Ernest Floyd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 August 18 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Pauline
Yes, we're definitely related; your Great-uncle Ernest Muller is/was my cousin; I don't know if he's still alive. His Mother, Blanche, was my father's eldest sister - my dad, Ernest John Floyd. I would love to make contact.
Best regards
Ernie

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 10 August 18 09:57 BST (UK) »

Hi Ernest

Keep checking on the Family Search website, new South African records are added regularly.  I know they have been working on the DRC records.

Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Ernest Floyd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 10 August 18 14:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you, will do. Regards
Ernest