Author Topic: Montenotte Road, London N8  (Read 483 times)

Offline Relsearcher

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Montenotte Road, London N8
« on: Friday 19 February 16 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi!  This is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone out there have any old photos of Montenotte Road, Crouch End prior to the 1980s???  My distant cousins (the Hall family) lived at number 12 from the late 1920s/early 1930s until 1985.  At that time the house was called Hillcott.  From digging around on the internet I have found that it was demolished in 1987 and the current 12, 14, 16 and 18 Montenotte Road built on the site.  I would love to see what Hillcott looked like!  Many thanks, Nina

Offline Ruthiegee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Montenotte Road, London N8
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 September 19 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hello there not sure if you are still on this site but I just discovered this message.
I lived at 5 Montenotte Road from 1970 to 1985 (but my parents only moved out in 1988). I will have a look through my old photos as I’m sure to have something, probably of the front garden and maybe down the road.  I remember Miss Hall quite well.  I’m afraid she had her demons.  She kept going to the police telling them that the Russians were listening in on the telephone wires.  She did keep herself to herself but I remember seeing her walking down into Crouch End.

Offline Relsearcher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Montenotte Road, London N8
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 September 19 21:01 BST (UK) »
Hello!  Yes, I am still here!  Thank you so much for getting in touch ... I have since found out a fair bit about Dorothy from digging around in council and hospital records ... I will PM you my email address if that is ok ... would love to hear any more things abt her. Her demise was quite sad ... I will tell you via email if you are interested.  I hope you do have some photos ... that wld be amazing!  Nina