Author Topic: Jones, Elmley Lovett  (Read 1271 times)

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jones, Elmley Lovett
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 March 16 17:14 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if this is the bapt of Edwin Jones son of Thomas -In 1851 his birth place is listed as Rushock, but I can't see a death for Susannah https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J7RT-D86

I can't see either Maria or Esther in the parish in 1841??   Possibly missed off or maybe Maria was working elsewhere?

Edit - Did you notice Rebecca Cottrill working a few doors away from the Jones family in 1841 :)

Offline clairec666

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My great-great-grandfather in his signalbox
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 March 16 19:10 GMT (UK) »
That looks like the right Edwin - in later censuses he says he was born in Elmley Lovett, but I guess if he was brought up there he might have thought it was his birthplace...

I think I've found Esther Jones in 1841 - living in Colwall Herefordshire with Sarah Wharton and Ann Rogers. Sarah Wharton is her mother and Ann Rogers could be a sister but I haven't found a baptism for her to confirm this.

No I hadn't seen Rebecca Cottrill in 1841 - well spotted!
Transcribing Essex records for FreeREG.
Current parishes - Burnham, Purleigh, Steeple.
Get in touch if you have any interest in these places!

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 March 16 10:11 GMT (UK) »
I think I've found Esther Jones in 1841 - living in Colwall Herefordshire with Sarah Wharton and Ann Rogers. Sarah Wharton is her mother and Ann Rogers could be a sister but I haven't found a baptism for her to confirm this.

Well that confirms the 1811 marriage but why would the couple marry in Clent when they came from Colwall and Elmley Lovett!!! 

Ann does look like a probable sister as in 1851  she is listed as the aunt of William Wharton b 1815 Colwall and his brother James b 1822 Colwall  I think this William was boarding with the Jones family in 1841??

Offline clairec666

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My great-great-grandfather in his signalbox
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 04 March 16 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Ann's a bit of a mystery - I haven't found a baptism for her, on Familysearch or FreeREG which has good coverage of Colwall. She's older than all the Wharton children I've identified so far, so I suppose she could be from a previous marriage of either parent.
Transcribing Essex records for FreeREG.
Current parishes - Burnham, Purleigh, Steeple.
Get in touch if you have any interest in these places!