Author Topic: Vienonen Family of Ypäjä, Finland  (Read 499 times)

Offline ThomasJames1918

• RootsChat Member
  • Stanley Lyman 1898-1987 And Derek James 1934-2012
    • View Profile
Vienonen Family of Ypäjä, Finland
« on: Monday 22 February 16 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon!

I am currently researching the Finnish side of my partners family and can't seem to get any further than her Maternal Grandmother Ella Vienonen who was taken over to Sweden as a War Refugee. I have for her family so far: I wonder if anybody could help me out in where i can go next to find her mothers maiden name and her fathers Details

Ella Vienonen - Born 1935, Ypäjä, Etela-Suomen Laani, Finland 

Her brothers:
Urho Johannes Vienonen - Born 2nd April 1922, Ypäjä, Etela-Suomen Laani, Finland
                                      Died 20th December 1943, Lake Segozero, Republic of Karelia, Russia

Tuukka Uolevi Vienonen - Born 22nd August 1930, Ypäjä, Etela-Suomen Laani, Finland
                                     Died 3rd September 1977, Loimaa, Lansi-Suomen Laani, Finland

Her mother:
Aino Emilja (Unknown maiden name) - Born 19th May 1901, Lansi-Suomen Laani, Finland
                                                        Died 4th April 1975, Loimaa, Lansi-Suomen Laani, Finland

Her father:
Unknown - Although it is rumoured he was Killed in the Winter War

Her fathers known brother:
Urho Emil Vienonen - Born 15th May 1897, Ypäjä, Lansi-Suomen Laani, Finland
                               Killed 13th May 1918, Toijalan, Akaa, Etela-Suomen Laani, Finland
Uhro Emil was a convicted member of the Red Guards by the Finnish State, Shot Dead in Toijalan Vankileiri

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: Vienonen Family of Ypäjä, Finland
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 February 16 20:00 GMT (UK) »
If your partner's grandmother is still alive, you will have to remove her name and details. Rootschat has a no living person's policy.
This may help.
http://digi.narc.fi/digi/search.ka
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Carrington, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Bentham, Holloway, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Yorks, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ThomasJames1918

• RootsChat Member
  • Stanley Lyman 1898-1987 And Derek James 1934-2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 February 16 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Apologies I should have noted that she is Deceased and under an adopted name

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 January 18 15:52 GMT (UK) »

I am currently researching the Finnish side of my partners family and can't seem to get any further than her Maternal Grandmother Ella Vienonen who was taken over to Sweden as a War Refugee. I have for her family so far: I wonder if anybody could help me out in where i can go next to find her mothers maiden name and her fathers Details

Ella Vienonen - Born 1935, Ypäjä, Etela-Suomen Laani, Finland

Her mother:
Aino Emilja (Unknown maiden name) - Born 19th May 1901, Lansi-Suomen Laani, Finland
                                                        Died 4th April 1975, Loimaa, Lansi-Suomen Laani, Finland

Her father:
Unknown - Although it is rumoured he was Killed in the Winter War

Hi

You may already have this but I will post anyway. I needed a little translation help for the birth record from Finland.

I have found the birth record for Aino Emilia. She was born 19 May 1901 and christened 25 May in Ypäjä. Her parents were Gustaf Adolf Vienonen b. 5 Nov 1860 in Jokioinen and Johanna Katarina Heinonen b. 22 Aug 1857 in Ypäjä.

Gustaf and Johanna  - Marriage 28 Dec 1879 in Jokioinen: http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ldl/

1880 Census - Gustaf with Johanna: http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ldm/

1876 Census - Gustaf and family: http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ldn/

Ian