Author Topic: Vienonen Family of Ypäjä, Finland  (Read 878 times)

Offline ThomasJames1918

• RootsChat Member
  • Stanley Lyman 1898-1987 And Derek James 1934-2012
    • View Profile
Vienonen Family of Ypäjä, Finland
« on: Monday 22 February 16 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon!

I am currently researching the Finnish side of my partners family and can't seem to get any further than her Maternal Grandmother Ella Vienonen who was taken over to Sweden as a War Refugee. I have for her family so far: I wonder if anybody could help me out in where i can go next to find her mothers maiden name and her fathers Details

Ella Vienonen - Born 1935, Ypäjä, Etela-Suomen Laani, Finland 

Her brothers:
Urho Johannes Vienonen - Born 2nd April 1922, Ypäjä, Etela-Suomen Laani, Finland
                                      Died 20th December 1943, Lake Segozero, Republic of Karelia, Russia

Tuukka Uolevi Vienonen - Born 22nd August 1930, Ypäjä, Etela-Suomen Laani, Finland
                                     Died 3rd September 1977, Loimaa, Lansi-Suomen Laani, Finland

Her mother:
Aino Emilja (Unknown maiden name) - Born 19th May 1901, Lansi-Suomen Laani, Finland
                                                        Died 4th April 1975, Loimaa, Lansi-Suomen Laani, Finland

Her father:
Unknown - Although it is rumoured he was Killed in the Winter War

Her fathers known brother:
Urho Emil Vienonen - Born 15th May 1897, Ypäjä, Lansi-Suomen Laani, Finland
                               Killed 13th May 1918, Toijalan, Akaa, Etela-Suomen Laani, Finland
Uhro Emil was a convicted member of the Red Guards by the Finnish State, Shot Dead in Toijalan Vankileiri

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: Vienonen Family of Ypäjä, Finland
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 February 16 20:00 GMT (UK) »
If your partner's grandmother is still alive, you will have to remove her name and details. Rootschat has a no living person's policy.
This may help.
http://digi.narc.fi/digi/search.ka
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline ThomasJames1918

• RootsChat Member
  • Stanley Lyman 1898-1987 And Derek James 1934-2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 February 16 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Apologies I should have noted that she is Deceased and under an adopted name

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 January 18 15:52 GMT (UK) »

I am currently researching the Finnish side of my partners family and can't seem to get any further than her Maternal Grandmother Ella Vienonen who was taken over to Sweden as a War Refugee. I have for her family so far: I wonder if anybody could help me out in where i can go next to find her mothers maiden name and her fathers Details

Ella Vienonen - Born 1935, Ypäjä, Etela-Suomen Laani, Finland

Her mother:
Aino Emilja (Unknown maiden name) - Born 19th May 1901, Lansi-Suomen Laani, Finland
                                                        Died 4th April 1975, Loimaa, Lansi-Suomen Laani, Finland

Her father:
Unknown - Although it is rumoured he was Killed in the Winter War

Hi

You may already have this but I will post anyway. I needed a little translation help for the birth record from Finland.

I have found the birth record for Aino Emilia. She was born 19 May 1901 and christened 25 May in Ypäjä. Her parents were Gustaf Adolf Vienonen b. 5 Nov 1860 in Jokioinen and Johanna Katarina Heinonen b. 22 Aug 1857 in Ypäjä.

Gustaf and Johanna  - Marriage 28 Dec 1879 in Jokioinen: http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ldl/

1880 Census - Gustaf with Johanna: http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ldm/

1876 Census - Gustaf and family: http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ldn/

Ian