Author Topic: Perkins - Barton in the Beans  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • View of Hinckley - 1791
    • View Profile
Perkins - Barton in the Beans
« on: Monday 22 February 16 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am missing some parish records for the Perkins family, from Barton in the Beans, and so am struggling to research the family further.

I am researching Mary Perkins who married John Allen.  She was born in Barton in 1829 and baptised in Nailstone in 1829 to parents Daniel and Elizabeth Perkins.  The family appear to have moved into the area around 1828 as her siblings were all baptised in Nailstone on the same day in 1828. However, I think her sisters Jane (1820) and Betsey (1824) may have been born in Quorn with brother Thomas (1827) born in Heather. I can find no baptisms for father Daniel, who was born about 1785 in Barton (in the Beans) according to census' although the marriage appears to be the one to Elizabeth Baker at Breedon in 1808. That would leave a gap of 12 years until Jane's birth....

Daniel and Elizabeth died in 1860 and 1857 respectively in Osbaston/Barton and as I can't find burials I suspect that they were buried at the Baptist Chapel.

So what I am trying to establish is more about Daniel and Elizabeth and where they came from?

Can anybody help?  Any thought or observations in respect of the above would also be helpful.

Regards

TB

Offline forte

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Perkins - Barton in the Beans
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 February 16 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Have found bu for Daniel 1860 and Elizabeth 1957 both in Market Bosworth.
Also a Thomas Perkins working as Farm Lbr in Mkt Bos for Joseph Geary in 1851 and says he is born  Barton in Fabis (Latin for  Barton in the Beans)
There is also a ma for Jane Perkins in Mkt Bos in 1840.
A ma for Mary Perkins to John Allen 1848 in Market Bosworth
1851 census for Mkt Bosworth shows Daniel b 1785 Barton in the Beans and Elizabeth 1785 Netherseal. 
All these places are quite close to each other in Leicestershire so perhaps these are your family.
Happy hunting
DEXTER-  pre 1800 Rutland & Lincolnshire
DAWSON -  Wymeswold Leics
HALL - Sheffield Yorkshire UK & Tasmania
MARSH- Willoughby on the Wolds
BLEWITT/BLUEITT/BLUITT mainly Grantham area

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 February 16 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Thank-you for these.

Do you have dates for the burials of Daniel and Elizabeth?  Whist I have the death certificates I have not been able to locate the burials previously?

Regards

TB

Offline forte

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 26 February 16 10:09 GMT (UK) »
All I have is Daniel 1st qtr 1860 and Elizabeth 3rd qtr 1857 - hope these tie in with the Certificates you have.
I also saw another Daniel burial - 1840 2nd qtr Market Bosworth - possibly his father?  and a marriage of Daniel to Martha Puffer at Sapcote on 8/11/1814.
DEXTER-  pre 1800 Rutland & Lincolnshire
DAWSON -  Wymeswold Leics
HALL - Sheffield Yorkshire UK & Tasmania
MARSH- Willoughby on the Wolds
BLEWITT/BLUEITT/BLUITT mainly Grantham area

Offline NellieT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 July 18 18:23 BST (UK) »
Daniel Perkins who died 2nd quarter 1840 in Market Bosworth district was age 6, if that fits in with anyone's family. Nellie

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 29 July 18 17:59 BST (UK) »
Thank-you for that clarification.

I am still looking for burial info for Daniel and Elizabeth together with more details of this family - particularly the Perkins. 

Since my original post I think that Daniels mother was possibly Sarah Perkins born abt 1757, and possibly the one who married Samuel Perkins in Market Harborough in 1780. Whilst I am not sure when her husband died, Sarah from Barton became a widow and married Thomas Darlinson in Coventry in 1810 according to details in the marriage entry and possibly again to John Harlett in Foleshill in 1813.  I am not sure if she is the Sarah Harlett who died in Foleshill in 1839.

There are several possible children of Sarah (and Samuel?), siblings of my Daniel. Whilst again I cannot find baptisms I have found them with birth references to Barton on various Census’ - John (1781-?), Thomas (1783-1859), my Daniel (1785-1860), Hannah (1787-?), Samuel (1792-1856) and Isaiah (1796-1869).  If anyone can help me tie this family group or provide further reference info, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

TB

Offline NellieT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 July 18 10:40 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have looked at the death of Sarah Hartlett not Harlett  in Foleshill March 1839 and her age is given as 68 which, although not always accurate, would suggest she is not the Sarah you were looking for. I can see no Sarah Harlett deaths.
In my unsourced tree I have 4 children of Samuel Perkins and Elizabeth Baker
Thomas 1812, Betsey 1818, Jane 1820 and Mary 1829. In view of your comments I will look again at these and let you know if I find anything conclusive. Nellie

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 July 18 16:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks Nellie

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

TB