Author Topic: Mary Graham  (Read 3559 times)

Offline MyAngel1920

• RootsChat Extra
  • Maternal Grandmother Scottish roots
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Graham
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Right this is what I know and its very complicated,   Mary Graham & Unknown grandfather, they must have been born around 1899 or early 1900  Paternal grandparents,   My father William Graham is deceased and can confirm marriage

Now here is the sting that causes confusion,  My maternal grandparents, Charles & Mary Hardy, she was a Taylor, I have what I need so far for my maternal side.  its the paternal side I know nothing of, Dad died young and was kept from me as was the rest of the family, so again all I have is memories.  Yes I think I will order a marriage certificate, Mary graham died not sure, but do know she lived in Hardwick, Stockton on tees where she died 80 0r 90s?? again with 17 siblings and many grahams its a minefield.  Thanks everyone, I will order my dads marriage cert and come back to you all

Duffys Lanarkshire, 1800's
Taylors Lanarkshire, 1800's
The Charles E Hardy Family - North East 1800's,
Mary Hardy Graham Stockton on Tees?
Edward Graham 1906-abt 1950.s

Offline MyAngel1920

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Ruskie

I understand your questions, you know how I feel :(  I don't know my grandfathers name, what little time I had with Nana Mary Graham was only brief as a child.  William & Valerie A Graham, Marys son had to marry in 1962, a child was due in 1963 April. 

My Grandfather was never spoken about :-\, I don't know why.   the tale of hard times and the children just kept coming he committed suicide??, just hearsay,  but he had to have died before 1978  I remember visiting her, I think marriage of my father will be a start I reckon,

Offline MyAngel1920

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 11:15 GMT (UK) »
Marys 17 children,,   William known a Billy I think Brenda was the first born but not Grandfather grahams child? Deceased Surname unknown or if she carried the Graham name, as for the other siblings, I can only confirm William, Alan Brenda are deceased,  Others I don't know or have any idea?

Greta Road)  Norton, Stockton on Tees,, all them kids in one house? gosh mini nursery, and it was a council house too.  both my Grandmothers were Called Mary

Mary Graham    nee      Don't know?
Mary Hardy       nee      Taylor   NO  info required on maternal side needed yet

Hope this helps

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Are any of these aunts and uncles still alive?

If so please click on the 'modify' button and remove their names in accordance with our 'no living people' policy.

Do a birth search at www.freebmd.org.uk for births where the surname is Graham and the mother's maiden surname is Hardy. You'll get a longer list of possible names.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 13:26 GMT (UK) »
Your grandmother Mary Graham's maiden name was Hardy- the eldest child was registered under her maiden name since she wasn't married at the time (marriage to Edward Graham a few years later).

Not counting the eldest daughter, I was able to find 14 children using FreeBMD and dawnsh found the other so you should also be able to see them. Just select births, Graham for surname, Hardy for mother's maiden name then use Stockton for district (with Duirham S.E. for later births)-
www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 13:37 GMT (UK) »
One possibility for Edward's death is this one:

Sep qtr 1959

Edward Graham aged 53

Durham S.E.  1a 516
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline MyAngel1920

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 27 March 16 21:12 BST (UK) »
Received Marriage Cert,  Mary Graham nee Hardy, married Edward Graham the son of William Graham deceased at their 1932 wedding.

How strange, My Maternal Grandmother was Mary Hardy (Taylor) by Marriage

what's  the chances of that :o

Offline Kaz Dunn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 30 July 16 16:03 BST (UK) »
Hi there myangel
I would like to inform you the Mary hardy you speak of later to be Mary graham was my grandmother. I've been following your posts and can confirm it is the same lady . If you go to Facebook look for me under my name of Kaz Dunn. . You will see i have my profike picture set as a lady with a blonde bob hair amd sunglasses. My dad was mary grahams son. I I live in Brandon Durham now with as I moved from stockton some yrs ago. Then we can have a good chat
Many thanks

Offline Paul Graham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 30 July 16 16:26 BST (UK) »
Hello i am Mary grahams grandson you're quite right with the info you have i am on Facebook as Paul Graham my PIC on there is with a guy with maroon shirt i would love to hear from you x