Author Topic: Oamaru Old Cemetery  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
Re: Oamaru Old Cemetery
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 March 16 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Lindsay, I now see you are after Constance Maud Gibson buried at the Oamaru Lawn Cemetery. I can't seem to find that one on the database. Perhaps the inscriptions have not been recorded. Found no reference to that cemetery at all.

I noted that the Old Cemetery records were originally transcribed by the North Otago Museum. Perhaps they could be worth an enquiry re the Lawn Cemetery.

http://www.culturewaitaki.org.nz/north-otago-museum/

Alan

Hi Alan

Here is the cemetery database

http://www.waitaki.govt.nz/services/Pages/cemeteries.aspx

scroll to the bottom of the page

Cheers Janette

Offline alamar

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 March 16 07:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janette. Yes I had seen all that but Lindsay is after details on the headstones, if they exist. The NZSG on line transcriptions included the Old Oamaru graves but do not seem to include Oamaru Lawn. If it has been transcribed it's apparently not on the database. If that is the case then the answer lies in Oamaru or with those of us with access to the original fiche which might include Oamaru Lawn.

Alan
Living in Christchurch, New Zealand.

Offline thegibsonial

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 January 18 07:33 GMT (UK) »
Gidday Lindsay

I'm not sure if you're still interested in William Lyon Gibson and Annie McFadgen Gibson, but I am one of their great grandchildren and a grandchild of William Lyon Gibson (their son with the same name) and his wife Constance Maud Gibson.  I have photographs of the headstones in the Oamaru Cemetery.  Please feel free to get in touch if you so wish.

Cheers

Offline LindsaySiam

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 28 January 20 07:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I certainly am interested, thank you!  William Lyon Gibson - married to Annie - was my GG Uncle. :) His mother, Elizabeth Hewitt Gibson whom I believe is also buried in Oamaru was my GG grandmother. I have a LOT of Gibson and Hewitt info if it is of any interest to you?

Would just like to say thanks to the other people that posted here, I am not sure why I didn't see those notifications before now, very sorry for not thanking sooner.

Regards,

Lindsay
MORRISON - Dunbartonshire, Stirlingshire
STIRLING - Stirlingshire
LINDSAY - Perthshire
MELDRUM - Fife, Angus
GIBSON - Lanarkshire
HEWITT - Wigtownshire, Lanarkshire
MEIKLE - Dunbartonshire

All census information Crown Copyright