Author Topic: Re: William Duggan C.1778-1784 Parish Records for Huntington Nr Kington  (Read 1276 times)

Offline JDUGGAN118

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Duggan C.1778-1784 Parish Records for Huntington Nr Kington
« on: Wednesday 24 February 16 21:50 GMT (UK) »
I am seeking birth record, parents and siblings for William Duggan likely born between 1778-1784.  Census records in Carmarthenshire give his birthplace as Huntington, England.  The Duggan name is relatively common in the border areas of Herefordshire and Radnorshire, and non-existent in Cambridgeshire so I've focused on the border towns of that name.  I've checked the smaller  Huntington nr Hereford without success.   Can someone look for Duggan families in Huntington near Kington Parish or Independent registers?   William married in St Peters, Carmarthen in 1812 and I've good view of the family from then on.   Any births and marriages that might help me identify an extended Duggan family resident in that locale would be appreciated. 

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 February 16 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

and welcome to RootsChat  :)

Not in that timeframe but on 11 Jan 1812 KINGTON, Heref. a John DUGGAN and Ann (nee Hall) had a daughter Ann who was Baptized 24 Sept. 1816 ( Particular Baptist, Kington). John was a glover, abode High Street.

Same day, a daughter Jane was also baptized born 31 May 1814.

John Duggan married Ann Hall 14 March 1811, Kington. Hereford

claire

Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JDUGGAN118

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 February 16 02:48 GMT (UK) »
William married in Carmarthen about the same time, so that gives me a potential sibling/cousin to work from.   I have a lot of poorly organized notes from a road trip to the area that may help narrow the field.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 February 20 17:08 GMT (UK) »
1861 census = lodger Wm Duggan 57 labourer b. Huntingdon!!!(not Huntington) at Milk St. Lanelly.

Is this your William?

as well as- Family search = baptised Herefordshire William 20 June 1778 father William mother Ann.
"This information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Ensor, Bradley, Cooper, Beard, Boothby, Willey, Maryon.

Offline JDUGGAN118

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 February 20 18:31 GMT (UK) »
This William is too young to be the one I am seeking.  My William was married in Carmarthen 11 October 1812, and I have family births, deaths and Census' there through to what I believe is my William's death in Pontyberem in April 1855.

This William is interesting as part of the cluster that I think is one extended family.   Once place name complication is that there is a Huntington Hundred that includes the Parish of Huntington near Kington as well as a number of others with a rich variety of Duggan church records.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Jim

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 27 February 20 11:54 GMT (UK) »
as well as- Family search = baptised Herefordshire William Duggan 20 June 1778 father William mother Ann

just found - John/Job?  Duggon ch.29 June 1783  F.William  M.Ann  Huntington Herefordshire
                 Ann Duggon           ch. 17 July 1785   "              "                 "             "
                 Elizabeth Duggon   Ch. 21 June 1790   "             "                 "             "

"This information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Ensor, Bradley, Cooper, Beard, Boothby, Willey, Maryon.