Author Topic: Marriage lookup  (Read 883 times)

Offline TrishaG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage lookup
« on: Saturday 27 February 16 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
can someone find the marriage of the following couple for me?

Thomas Halworth to Sarah
He is a Farmer or dairyman. The 1st date of any christening for children for Thomas that I've found so far is 1771 in Higher Gobion.There may be earlier ones of course.Later on he appears to be in Pulloxhill.I don't know if Sarah is his 1st wife or not.

Many thanks,
Trisha

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage lookup
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 February 16 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Can I ask where you got the name Sarah from? I can see three Higher Gobion baptisms with father Thomas but mother Betty.

~Edit-

OK, so I see the following:
William 3 Feb 1771 Higham Gobion, son of Thomas
Ann 22 Feb 1773 Higham Gobion, dau of Thomas and Betty
Hannah 17 Jul 1775 Higham Gobion, dau of Thomas and Betty
Samuel 12 Nov 1780 Pulloxhill, son of Thomas and Sarah
Ellen 20 Jan 1781 Pulloxhill, dau of Thomas and Sarah
Lyddy (??) 20 Jan 1781, Pulloxhill, dau of Thomas and Sarah

There were other Halworths in Pulloxhill it seems, as there is a James having children there as well. I can't see any of the info at the moment, but are you thinking the death for Thomas HALLWORTH in 1812 Pulloxhill is yours?

Having no luck finding any marriages though... The only marriage I can see for a Thomas to a Sarah is 1798, which is obviously too late for the children (unless he had to wait for first wife to die first!)

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 February 16 14:35 GMT (UK) »
The Higher Gobian baptisms are in the PR transcript are in the name of HOLWORTH or HOLLSWORTH children of Thomas & Betty, as listed by Ayashi.

The Pulloxhill baptisms & burials are in the name HALWORTH or HALSWORTH or HOLWORTH children of Thomas & Sarah, dairyman. In addition to those listed by Ayashi there are William on 18 May 1783 & Charles on 5 May 1785.

Interestingly Pulloxhill has burials on William & Ann in Nov 1777 children of Thomas Halworth, dairyman who are the children of Thomas at Higher Gobian. If this is the same family then where's the burial of Betty (=Elizabeth?). I cannot find a marriage of Thomas to Betty/Elizabeth & one for Thomas to Sarah.

Oddly there is a baptism on 22 Apr 1787 of Philip, son of Thomas & Elizabeth Holworth, dairyman.

Marriage Licence transcript has Thomas Hallworth of Higher Gobian giving surety for marriage of James Hallworth farmer of Higher Gobian to Margaret Hyde on 38 Jul 1772. James & Margaret were baptising children at Pulloxhill 1773 - 1776.

Marriage Licence transcript has Thomas Hallworth dairyman of Pulloxhill giving surety for marriage of Benjamin Rowell of Toddington to Elizabeth Collier of Pulloxhill on 27 Nov 1783

There's a marriage at Flitton cum Silsoe on 12 Nov 1807 of Thomas Hallworth of Pulloxhill to Elizabeth Hawkins of Flitton. The marriage licence says she is 24 & Thomas is 29 so born 1778 but where is his baptism.

The burial at Pulloxhill on 2 Apr 1812 is Thomas Halworth, dairyman.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline TrishaG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 March 16 18:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
sorry I've taken so long to reply I've not been well.
I presume Betty/Elizabeth was Thomas' 1st wife and he then moved to Pulloxhill with Sarah.James Hallworth is his brother.

Many thanks,
Trisha