Author Topic: dutch genealogy Willem Frederik Dekker, Enid Ruth Webb  (Read 1929 times)

Offline knights

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
dutch genealogy Willem Frederik Dekker, Enid Ruth Webb
« on: Sunday 28 February 16 14:13 GMT (UK) »
I put my relatives name into a Dutch genealogy site in the hope of finding some info on her 2 known marriages and her name pops up on a death certificate for Willem Frederik Dekker, does this mean she was his wife.

Her maiden name was Enid Ruth Webb.

Any info will be most welcome.

Many thanks

Wendy

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
Re: dutch genealogy
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 February 16 14:24 GMT (UK) »

Does the certificate not give an indication if she was the surviving spouse?

Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline knights

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 February 16 14:31 GMT (UK) »
no it doesn't, and the fact that it is her maiden name on it makes me wonder if she was his wife but what other explanation could there be.

Wendy

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 February 16 15:26 GMT (UK) »
The image of Willem Frederik Dekker's death certificate shows he was ...

... gescheiden echtgenoot van Webb, Enid Ruth = divorced/separated spouse of ...

https://www.wiewaswie.nl/en/home/

Offline knights

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 28 February 16 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that explanation.

Much appreciated.

Wendy

Offline Andy Le Clercq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: dutch genealogy Willem Frederik Dekker, Enid Ruth Webb
« Reply #5 on: Monday 10 December 18 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wendy

Willem Frederik Dekker was my grandfather. I have a little information regarding Ruth Enid Webb I'd be happy to share.

Kind regards

Andy

Offline knights

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 10 December 18 14:46 GMT (UK) »
oh my goodness Andy what a surprise to get your e-mail.  Like an early Xmas present!

Enid was my mother in laws cousin and I know very little about her except she married 2 Dutchmen one being your grandfather.

I was also told she was in the Dutch resistance but don't know how true this was.

Any info would be greatly received.

Thanking you in advance.

Wendy

Offline Andy Le Clercq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 10 December 18 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wendy.

It was all a little bizarre as I dip in and out of the family's family tree as and when I have a little time. I just googled Willem's name and I saw your post re Enid.

I had researched Enid Webb as I knew that she was my grandfather's second wife. My grandfather was originally married to a Dutch lady and they divorced in 1924. Willem came over to Guernsey and had two children with my grandmother (out of wedlock) and then he met Enid in Guernsey and they married in Rijswijk on 4 January 1933. They had three children - Launcelot, Chloe and Herbert Reginald (Now dead - I don't think he was their natural child though). They are mentioned in a book called "Lihou Island - Never at Half Moon" by Robin Borwick.
They divorced on 30 May 1942.

I managed to track down Launcelot to 409 West Madison Street, Villa Park, Illinois 60181. I spoke to him on the phone and he told me a few bits and pieces.
Launcelot said that the children had a hard time during and after the war. They were taken into care at some stage. Enid went to France and apparently worked for the Germans in one of their camps. In 1947 she became involved with another Dutchman and went to live in London. This information came from Launcelot. I did write to Launcelot but never heard back from him. Chloe lives or lived (not sure if she or Launcelot are still alive) in the Netherlands. Her married name was Palm-Dekker.

As Enid was (I think) from Guernsey, you could pay for a family search using the Priaulx Library in Guernsey. I have used them in the past and they're efficient and inexpensive.

I hope this is of some use to you.

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 02:10 GMT (UK) »
FYI Here are some Dutch links

Rijswijk (province Zuid Holland) certificates (marriage, divorce and population registers)
http://collectie-delft.nl/nadere-toegangen/q/persoon_voornaam_t_0/enid/q/persoon_achternaam_t_0/webb

1942 Divorce announcement
Note: residence is now in Zwolle (Province Overijssel)
https://www.delpher.nl/nl/kranten/view?coll=ddd&identifier=MMKB08%3A000168678%3Ampeg21%3Aa0011&objectsearch=webb

Herbert's grave in Voorburg (province Zuid Holland)
https://www.online-begraafplaatsen.nl/zerken.asp?sortpers=geboren&command=showgraf&bgp=375&grafid=180663&char=D