Author Topic: Joseph Scott 1803 Berwick-upon-Tweed  (Read 522 times)

Offline anglosaxton56

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Scott 1803 Berwick-upon-Tweed
« on: Sunday 28 February 16 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am researching the family of Robert Scott 1954.
I think Joseph Scott is one of his rellies. He married Sarah unknown from Nuneaton in Berkshire in about 1840. They are in the 1851 census. She is in the 1861 census with more children but he has vanished. Cant find their wedding. Any ideas?.
Cheers

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Scott 1803 Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 February 16 17:23 GMT (UK) »
You could get Sarah's maiden name from the birth certificate of one of the children, for instance William who is 1 month at the time of the 1851 census and born in Twyford Berkshire: freeBMD shows William Scott, 1st q 1851, Wokingham 6, 339.

By the way, Sarah's birthplace isn't Nuneaton (which is in Warwickshire) , the 1851 census shows Berkshire So[uth] Morton, and the 1861 shows Berkshire Moreton
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline anglosaxton56

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Scott 1803 Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 February 16 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks.
Sorry dont know why I put Nuneaton, knew it was South Morten in Berkshire. I see she keeps having more children all with her surname. I assume the boarder must be the father of them all as I am sure Joseph is dead. I see a death in Berwick in 1841 for a Joseph Scott. I assume it is his father. Sarahs son Robert in the 1861 census,  lists his fathers name as Robert on his marraige certificate!!!.
Cheers