Author Topic: Brondeifi Unitarian Chapel in Lampeter for grave of William Jones died 1894  (Read 6815 times)

Offline petmas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • We wunt be druv
    • View Profile
Re: Brondeifi Unitarian Chapel in Lampeter for grave of William Jones died 1894
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 08:29 BST (UK) »
Used to be on reply page click on "attachments & other options"- looks like it has gone although it works on other counties.  Think copy and paste wil work though.
Mason ( Leics, Lincs, Cambs, Rutland)  Packer( Berks, Middx) Bearne, Vining , Sugar Shugar (Somerset, Pennsylvania & S Wales)

Offline petmas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • We wunt be druv
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 11:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Jen, contacted the webmaster & it is now sorted so you can post pics. Seems photos can't be added in "Look up" section only the main boards
Mason ( Leics, Lincs, Cambs, Rutland)  Packer( Berks, Middx) Bearne, Vining , Sugar Shugar (Somerset, Pennsylvania & S Wales)

Offline jencairns

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 11:56 BST (UK) »
@petmas I was just messing and searching for a solution... and lo and behold the additional whatnot appeared...  I will try on a main board topic.. but doesnt want to work here apparently... (and I had reduced the size with Irfan View.) Does Cardiganshire not count as a main board I wonder? Anyway... MANY thanks, Diolch o galon

Offline jencairns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 11:57 BST (UK) »
Good heavens... image now appeared like magic... many thanks again... J

Offline petmas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • We wunt be druv
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 12:05 BST (UK) »
It shows on the main boards but not the "look up request" board. The Mod moved the entire subject from one to t'other. Did you get to look for the stone as we are going to Lampeter on Friday and if fine I'll have a look , just hope there isn't hundreds of black slate with lettering then is engraved but not filled so almost illegible

Offline jencairns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 15:32 BST (UK) »
The grave of William Jones is the second on the left as you go up the path to the Chapel. The engraving is clearly visible. It was very wet yesterday when I went, and the grass looked slippery so I didnt risk falling. There is a car parking lot opposite the chapel, marked Capel Brondeifi.
(You can see the grave in the photo posted above somewhere - you can see the first single grave stone, and William's gravestone is between that and the two pillared graves.).

The actual boot factory was demolished, but was opposite the police station, below the Catholic church / and to the left of the Parish church St Peters.  The grassy area is now called named after
St Germain Sur Moine (town link)

I have a photo of the grave stone closer up, but rootschat keeps telling me I have posted it before, which I haven't, but who knows! Anyway, have a good trip to Lampeter.

Jen

Offline petmas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • We wunt be druv
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 15:44 BST (UK) »
OK, try changing the photo name and reposting it. If not I'll try on Friday

Offline jencairns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 17:49 BST (UK) »
View over the Dulas bridge towards Bridge Street, Baptist chapel (Capel Noddfa) on left of the road junction opposite the Farm Supplies shop. Near Coop.  Rebecca and her daughters destroyed a toll-gate on the chapel side of bridge, exact whereabouts not known to me, it was not rebuilt. (1843)

View of chapel from the chapel carpark in an earlier message here.

The tombstone wording:-
William Jones, formerly of the Cambrian Shoe Factory, Lampeter, died at Bridgend, Glam, 15 Feb 1894, (54)
Janie, eldest daughter of William and Anne Jones, died at Bridgend, 2 Dec 1891 (19)

Phew.. thanks, got there in the end !
Jen

Offline jencairns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 17:55 BST (UK) »
better view of inscription - wasnt willing to risk walking on that slope with wet grass...