Author Topic: Elizabeth Kiernan nee Hampson b Dublin Ireland 1864 mother Maria Levey  (Read 6733 times)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Kiernan nee Hampson b Dublin Ireland 1864 mother Maria Levey
« Reply #18 on: Monday 29 February 16 05:11 GMT (UK) »
From NSW BDM death

1977 Sylvester Francis KIERNAN, father Sylvester Francis, mother Elizabeth Maria

attached is his death notice - he was known as Frank

adding : he served in WW2
http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/Veteran.aspx?ServiceId=A&VeteranId=313070

Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 29 February 16 05:22 GMT (UK) »
Leonard James KIERNAN served in WW2 (with NOK Sylvester KIERNAN)
Army
http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/Veteran.aspx?serviceId=A&veteranId=333438
Navy
http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/Veteran.aspx?serviceId=N&veteranId=1132083

According to Ryerson he died in 1994 http://ryersonindex.net/search.php

Attched is his death notice
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 29 February 16 05:36 GMT (UK) »
Engagement notice for Mabel Mary KIERNAN to ANDERSON in 1949

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article18133991

Mabel Mary ANDERSON died 30 june 1995 aged 76 from ryerson's index.  You can ask for a lookup.
http://ryersonindex.net/search.php

Offline Sbowie70

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 29 February 16 05:48 GMT (UK) »
Rosball is right on the money.  William HAMPSON and Maria LEVEY's daughter Eliza married Peter Christopher DEVINE. Eliza, Peter and their first daughter Mabel travelled to Australia aboard the Dallam Tower in 1883.  Their second daughter, Elizabeth was born in Australia in 1885.  This daughter married Sylvester Francis KIERNAN, who are my Great Grandparents.  Sylvester died in 1966 and Elizabeth died in 1985, 3 months after her 100th birthday.  I have information on the Australian descendants that I am happy to share.
I have only joined Rootschat today, as I was kindly contacted by Rosball on what I now know to be "That site"
Bowen - England, Hammond - England, Kiernan - Ireland, Hampson - Ireland, McCall - Scotland.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 29 February 16 06:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sbowie,
   Welcome to rootschat  :)  ;)

I thought you'd enjoy being part of the discussion and making contact with the OP (original poster) 251 richmond  road.

cheers,
   Ros
adding : Your tree is well-researched and documented  :)  But there are lot of others on " that site " which are not  :(

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 29 February 16 08:52 GMT (UK) »
I should add Sbowie that you won't be able to use the personal message system fully until you have made a couple more posts (they can be brief  ;D)

But Richmond Street can send you 1 (exactly one)  personal message containing his/her e-mail address even now.  You won't be able to reply by personal message (PM) yet ... but of course you can reply by e-mail.  :)

After a couple more posts you can send and receive as many PM's as you like.

cheers,
   Ros

Offline 251 richmond road

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 29 February 16 20:10 GMT (UK) »
Wow, thanks very much Rosball, Majam and my new relative Sbowie. I'm still trying to take it all in, but I do recognise some of the names, I have pictures sent to to Janey ( my ggGran) then later to her son Georgie, and later still to my Mum. I always remember my Mum telling me the story of a relative in Australia, she said he was a very tall man, Bern, and she told me the story of the accident with the train. I have also been contacted in the last week by the descendants of Michael John Hampson, Elizabeth's brother. I must get her to join Rootschat.  The picture below was sent to Janey Hampson, written on the back it said to Janey from Annie.  The studio was in Sydney Australia.
Wheatley, Corrigan, Brennan, Jones, Hampson, Levey, Marshall, Mc Bride, Behan, Boland,

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 29 February 16 20:36 GMT (UK) »
I also have, pictures of twin girls Frances and Annette with Kay. I did see your post on That site but I'm not a member and I recognised the group family picture as I also have a copy but never knew who they were. So I decided to try Rootschat as I though in a month a search engine would lead you here......
Wheatley, Corrigan, Brennan, Jones, Hampson, Levey, Marshall, Mc Bride, Behan, Boland,

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 05 March 16 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi guys,
I would just like to thank Rosball & Majm for your help, time and effort, it's much appreciated. Sbowie and the family in Ireland and England are now talking and comparing notes.
Kind regards 251 ;D