Author Topic: Thomas BOWEN 1782  (Read 1465 times)

Offline ruthvirr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas BOWEN 1782
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 March 16 18:37 GMT (UK) »
I have looked at this family as you suggested :)

However, as Charlotte BOWEN 1811 - 1872 (my 3rd G Grandmother) married JOHN HILL in 1832 in Bedwardine, I am not convinced that the Wigmore Village family are 'my' Bowen's... :P

Regards

Ruth

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 March 16 17:35 GMT (UK) »

Sorry for the confusion :-[ 

I wasn't suggesting that the Wigmore Village family were 'yours', just that the marriage in Tarrington might be for the Wigmore couple rather than 'your' Thomas and Sarah.

As 'your' Thomas and Sarah are having children from 1805 through to 1824 I'm wondering if 'your' Thomas was only married to one Sarah before 1805 and that the 1814 marriage belongs to the other Thomas and Sarah that are not 'yours' living in Wignore.

As 'your' Sarah was from Linton I wonder if they married there? I can't find the Linton parish marriages online so I wonder if contacting these people might be worth a try as they seem to have the parish records for Linton.

https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/leisure-and-culture/local-history-and-heritage/archives-collections/#parish

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline ruthvirr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 13 March 16 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daisy

Thanks for your reply regarding The Bowen's...

I hadn't thought of that to be honest!!  :-[ I will check out the Linton connection....

Regards

Ruth  :)

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 14 March 16 16:42 GMT (UK) »

Hi,

Please let us know how you get on, I'd love to know if you find another marriage  :) This has been making me dizzy ;D

Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline ruthvirr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 14 March 16 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daisy,

I have found a marriage that MAY fit the bill..

Marriage in St Clement, Worcester on 10th April 1803 between a Thomas Bowen and Sarah Ball.
This could be them, but haven't found anything else to back it up as yet!!!  ??? eg I can only find 2 children so far from this marriage with no Charlotte in sight... :-[

Fingers crossed!!!!  ;)

Ruth