Author Topic: Black Family  (Read 945 times)

Offline mgipton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Black Family
« on: Saturday 05 March 16 01:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm having no luck trying to find a marriage for my husbands grand parents and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me.

Gavin BLACK born c 1909 married Bridget McAuley Currie on the 19th September 1928.
They had 2 children John 1930-1993, Archibald Stewart McAuley 1938-1997
I don't have any information than that, except Gavin and Bridget are buried in the Kirkintilloch Cemetery.

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Black Family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 March 16 01:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi mgipton,

There is a result on the Scotlands People website for a marriage between a Gavin Black and a Bridget McAuley in 1928 at Kirkintilloch Dunbartonshire.
www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk is a pay to view site. £7 buys 30 credits and 6 credits would allow you to view the original record. This should have occupations, addresses, parents names recorded. You will not be able to view this registration on any other site. 
I see you are new to Rootschat. Welcome ! But just a small point, we have to be careful on Rootschat not to name or discuss information on people who are or who could be still living (it's one of the site's rules) . A moderator may remove the names of the 3 children unless you can confirm that they are deceased. 

Good luck,
Looby

Offline mgipton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Black Family
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 March 16 01:48 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.
I will have a look on Scotland's People.
I have edited my original post to show both children are deceased.

Melanie