Author Topic: sarah brake of duntish  (Read 798 times)

Offline mark foot

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
sarah brake of duntish
« on: Sunday 06 March 16 12:08 GMT (UK) »
I have drawn a blank searching the mullet family from the Buckland Newton area but it might be that Ann Mullet who married Robert Foot in BN in 1761 has a brake relation. A William mullet married Sarah brake on the 18.4.1722 in BN.
Any assistance and confirmation would be greatly appreciated. William Mullet might has been christened in B N 3.6.1703  and had a father called Edward who might have married an Ann Vincent?

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: sarah brake of duntish
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 March 16 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Not sure what you're after or want confirming.
I can see the marriage for William and Sarah as you said and a son William baptised 26.6.1723 again of Duntish.Dionysius 26.4.1725 of Duntish.Daughters Sara 21.3.1728,Unitas 14.5.1731 and  Anna 6.1.1732.
There is also a marriage for Samuel Mullet of Duntish  and Elizabeth Major  of Henley at BN 27.5.1725 and
Robert and Dorothy Miller 1.4.1725 of Duntish
So it seems the Mullet family a re definitely from Duntish.

But there are plenty of other Mullet marriages in the parish a bit latter on.One of the witnesses to Robert foot and Ann Mullet's marriage is a Mary Mullett if that helps.

If we go with William and Sarah as her parents then there is a baptism on the date you found 3.6.1703  with also a daughter Elizabeth  child of Edward Mullett of Brockhampton.
There's a Edward Mullet junior 8.5.1712 baptised but no parents, and again 17.1.1716
Possibly Samuel 20.7.1707 s of Edward? of Duntish.
And there is a marriage for Edward to Ann Vincent 15.10.1695.
There's a possible burial for Anne 26.1.1748

Edward and Richard Mullett of Duntish were baptised 27.8.1669 but there are again no parents.

There is a quarter session record for Edward and Anne and their 2 children and an apprentice being moved from the parish of Woolland  back to Buckland Newton in 1697.(on Ancestry)

Edward Mullet 's Will for 1717 is on there too.A taylor of Duntish Buckland Newton.
son John Mullett one pound
granddaughter Elizabeth 40s and a pewter dish once she is 14
grandson John 20 s a great knife
graddaughter Sarah something from the Great Hall
granddaughter Abigail one feather bed.
To my grandchildren Richard,William,Robert ,Anne and Elizabeth children of my son Edward £10 to be divided between them.
Elizabeth daughter of Edward one pewter dish
The rest goes to his son Edward Mullett.
Made 9.12.1716.
So plenty to go at there.(I'm presuming he's the father of the Edward and Richard bapt 1669 who married 1695)
There's a marriage for Edward Mullet and Margaret Wakford of Buckland 21.5.1663 by licence at BN which fits nicely.But she is buried 28.7.1663 and Edward seems to remarry to Sarah Dampney 12.1.1664/5 again by licence.
Sons John 24.1.1665/6 and Robert 5.2.1771/2 and Samuel to Edward and Sarah 8.5.1677

There are some Vincents in the parish but can't see any Brakes.
And there is a gap in the records 1629-1654 which makes going backwards difficult.

Ciderdrinker

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 March 16 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Though i might as well do the Vincents.
Ann d of James at BN 16.4.1667
Siblings Thomas 4.5.1663,Mary 9.7.1665,James 5.4.1673 and James 20.4.1676 s of James and Grace of Wikmarsh

The only Dampney's are Raynold and Elizabeth of Plush but I can't see a baptism for Sarah as that would fit in the gap.

Ciderdrinker

Offline mark foot

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 March 16 11:23 GMT (UK) »
A big thank you to my fellow cider drinker for the thorough notes anc information that would appear to confirm.
Robert Foot marr Ann Mullet. Her parents were William Mullet and Sarah possibly Brake (something I am trying to discover but there appears no other chices at this time). Williams parents were Edward and Ann Vincent.Edwards father was Edward who marr Margaret Wakford who only survivdd for 2m's and then Sarah Dampney. Out of interest Robert Foot's gt grandmother was Mary Dampney 1659 Motcombe and possibly there is a connection ss Dampney is not an over common name.

Ann'sparents were James and Grace.

I hope I have understood the very helpful info.

Thanks
Mark