Author Topic: Margaret Duggan nee Jennings  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Sammy An

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Margaret Duggan nee Jennings
« on: Monday 07 March 16 15:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

I've recently found out that my 2x great grandmother Catherine Fitzpatrick nee Duggan who was born in Roscommon Ireland but married and lived in Prescot's mother was a Margaret Duggan nee Jennings.

Margaret married John Patrick Duggan, aka Patrick Duggan sometime before 1828 when their daughter Catherine was born, they arrived in England sometime between 1835 and 1838, I know this from births of their children.

Margaret died in 1847 in Prescot but I cannot find a marriage in Ireland for them, I'm presuming it must have been in Roscommon as their first child my 2 x great grandmother was born there, nor can I find a birth for any of them in Ireland??

I realise Irish records aren't the easiest to find but I'm hoping someone might find something.

Sammy.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Duggan nee Jennings
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 March 16 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi

You have posted on the Lancashire board but if you are looking for Irish records it should be on the Roscommon board.  I will ask the moderator to move it for you
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Sammy An

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 March 16 18:50 GMT (UK) »
I had only posted it on here as they lived in Prescot, It made sense to me.

Sammy

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 March 16 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Although they lived in Prescot - the information you are asking about (ie) Irish birth/marriage is appropriate to the Irish board
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 March 16 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Sammy An,

Have you contacted Rootschatter BordersLass who is also researching this family.

How do you know that Catherine is the daughter of Patrick and Margaret and that Margaret was Jennings?

Heywood

Offline Sammy An

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 March 16 22:15 GMT (UK) »
I know Catherine is the daughter from her marriage to Thomas Fitzpatrick, I have the certificate, and I know her mother was Margaret Jennings from the two siblings born in Prescot, Mary 1838 and Michael 1843. I also have those certificates. Catherine was born in Ireland as was one other sibling, the later two in Prescot.

Sammy.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 07 March 16 22:24 GMT (UK) »
There is quite a gap between Margaret and Catherine, born Ireland and Mary and Michael born Prescot. I hope I have the names right from memory.
It could be a second marriage for Patrick.

You refer to him as John Patrick. I have seen him as Patrick in the census, where is  he called John Patrick?

Offline Sammy An

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 07 March 16 22:31 GMT (UK) »
He's John on Mary's birth certificate and Patrick on Michael's. He was known as Pat.

And yes there is a gap between the siblings born in Ireland and Prescot. But it's not too big a gap. Margaret was born 1835 and Mary 1838. Catherine I know was born 1828 in Ireland, but as there's no John or Patrick alive I'm suspecting he is somewhere in the gap, also as Michael born 1843 was named Michael I suspect there would have been a John or Patrick before his birth as there was a Margaret born.

As Margaret born in 1835 was named after Margaret Jennings or at least I assume she was I also suspect that they had been married from at least 1834. Patrick or John Patrick was on Catherine's marriage certificate as her father.

Sammy.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 08 March 16 08:54 GMT (UK) »
I had only posted it on here as they lived in Prescot, It made sense to me.

Sammy

It does make more sense to post on the Roscommon board. You are not searching in Lancashire, although I do appreciate that we are using data from Lancashire!

Here is a related thread
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=742702.
That poster is also interested in your family so unless you are the same person, you probably have a relative.