Author Topic: Archibald McLean born Monzie 1827  (Read 952 times)

Offline helke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Archibald McLean born Monzie 1827
« on: Thursday 10 March 16 05:35 GMT (UK) »
Looking for information about Archibald McLean migrated to Australia around 1859/60.

Offline EBrand

• RootsChat Member
  • Isabella Waldeck, dau of George and Isabella Brand
    • View Profile
Re: Archibald McLean born Monzie 1827
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 July 17 06:42 BST (UK) »
Looking for information about Archibald McLean migrated to Australia around 1859/60.

Hi Monzie,

I have a lot of McLean's in my family, born Scotland and migrated to Aus. Where did your McLean settle in Aus? If we have a connection I will be able to help you with the past possibly. Do you know the name of his wife, if he had one, and the names and dates of possible children?

EB
Lillis (IRE)
McKenna (IRE)
Minehan (IRE)
Prest (ENG)
Gowland (ENG)
Ashby (ENG)
Brand (SCOT)
McLean (SCOT)
McDonald (SCOT)

Offline helke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 July 17 10:59 BST (UK) »
Hi EB
Archibald McLean - not certain when he came to Australia but he married Elizabeth Bevan on 8 November 1861 at Wantabadgery in NSW - they had 14 children, one of whom John was my grandfather.  I believe he was a Railway Guard living in Gilmerton, Perthshire.  If you have any information about his early life I would be grateful to receive.  If he is related to you, I can give you lots of information about his life here in Australia.    Regards Helke

Offline EBrand

• RootsChat Member
  • Isabella Waldeck, dau of George and Isabella Brand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 05:05 BST (UK) »
Hi EB
Archibald McLean - not certain when he came to Australia but he married Elizabeth Bevan on 8 November 1861 at Wantabadgery in NSW - they had 14 children, one of whom John was my grandfather.  I believe he was a Railway Guard living in Gilmerton, Perthshire.  If you have any information about his early life I would be grateful to receive.  If he is related to you, I can give you lots of information about his life here in Australia.    Regards Helke

Hey there, sorry for the mixup in names earlier.

When you said he was 'born Monzie', do you mean that he changed his name to McLean once he came to Australia?

EB
Lillis (IRE)
McKenna (IRE)
Minehan (IRE)
Prest (ENG)
Gowland (ENG)
Ashby (ENG)
Brand (SCOT)
McLean (SCOT)
McDonald (SCOT)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 05:22 BST (UK) »
When you said he was 'born Monzie', do you mean that he changed his name to McLean once he came to Australia?

Errr.... I think Monzie is a location ... http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/sct/PER/Monzie

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.