Author Topic: Pub in Lower Knowle ?  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pub in Lower Knowle ?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 June 16 19:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan,

Sadly, the name does not ring a bell with me.  Depends on how old Linda is I suppose, maybe one of my siblings would know her.  We lived in the road about halfway along, so knew most kids in Ravenhill Road, either side of Ketch Road.

It was nice to go back in my mind anyway.

Elizabeth

Offline alan w jones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 June 16 19:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Liz , Linda was born in 1938 . Do you remember a Mrs Bristow's shop in Ravenhill Rd , it was a normal house with a shop in the front room , I rember having to go down there on occasions for bread etc .
Regards
Alan

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 15:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan,

I don't remember Linda personally as she was older than me but I do remember the people that moved into her house when they left.

I remember Bristows shop as we had an account there but it was in St John's Lane on the corner of Monmouth or Montgomery St. I think.  Maybe they moved from Ravenhill Road into proper shop premises before I was sent shopping on a regular basis.

I've just spoken to  my brother who still lives in Bristol and asked him if he remembered Linda and immediately,  he said her full name and told me a little anecdote.  She was his age and as she moved when I was quite young I would not remember her.

It brought back a lot of memories of the area talking to my brother and made me think of things I had completely forgotten about. So thanks for the posting.  Not genealogy though.

Best wishes,
Elizabeth