Author Topic: News of Thomas David IAGO  (Read 5012 times)

Offline Lleucu

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: News of Thomas David IAGO
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 03 April 16 20:56 BST (UK) »
Hi,. Thanks for responding.Yes he did marry as Thomas David James and he and his wife had a daughter and two sons.
Yes he was born in Montgomreyshire and I know who his parents, grandparents and siblings were.
Whether he changed his name  ( Iago is welsh for James) or kept his original name ,this period in his life is a mystery. One which I would like to solve is possible but I'm not getting very far!

Lleucu

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 April 16 21:11 BST (UK) »
I would be grateful for any information or news of Thomas David Iago  born in  1883 ( +/- 1 or 2 years)  in Montgomreyshire but residing somewhere in Shropshire during the period 1939 to the late 1950's. I'm trying to pinpoint his occupation and where exactly he was.
Thanks in advance.
Lleucu

Hi again, if you have him born Montgomeryshire, why show plus/minus 2 for his birth, as I cannot locate one in Montgomeryshire with this proviso? Who did he marry?

A quick look of the 1939 states he was born 19th July 1883 Widowed occ Carter shown as Thomas Jago,?  then written in red above David Iago with a C.I.20 reference living in Ellesmere, Shropshire
So what was his birth in Montgomeryshire as Thomas James or David James September qtr 1883?

;D Also when people say "I know his parents etc" it does not help us without names!

When did he die, and under what name,  a death in Shrewsbury March 1967 9a 179 David T James b abt 1883 aged 84?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lleucu

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 04 April 16 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi keryboard86 - well I've been doing some checking and his 'official' name was David Thomas James ( he was always known as Tom)  he was born on the  19th of July 1882 and died on the 2nd of March 1967 at the Royal Salop Infirmary Shrewsbury which ties in with the death you found.

I have my doubts now about the Iago aspect - DTJ certainly was not a widower in 1939 -  so it looks a though this period of his life will remain a mystery. That's probably what he intended.
Thanks for your help but do let me know if anything else  occurs to you.
All the best,
Lleucu

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 04 April 16 16:37 BST (UK) »
He left a Will - maybe getting a copy of that might help?  the beneficiaries might give a clue as to who he was in touch with in his latter years?

Probate index entry-

David Thomas James of Bron Hefyn Llangynog Montgomeryshire died 2 March 1967 at Royal Salop Infirmary Shrewsbury . Probate to National Provincial Bank Ltd. Effects £1122

btw - seems he wasn't residing in Shropshire, as his home address at death was a Montgomeryshire address!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 04 April 16 16:43 BST (UK) »
This looks to be his birth reg then, David Thomas James reg Dec qtr Llanfyllin

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 04 April 16 16:48 BST (UK) »
Hi his marriage?

David Thomas James to Ellen Jones September qtr 1907 Llanfyllin 11b 296
Keyboard86

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 04 April 16 17:32 BST (UK) »
Hi again,  wish you either would tell us or locate a David Thomas James in census prior to possibly 1911 and the supposed marriage as Thomas David James? , did he have a daughter Dora b 19th April 1908 who married a David Poole September qtr 1936 Llanfyllin 11b 291?

I just wish you would tell us what you know, it is so frustrating to seek your help with no clues?
Keyboard86

Offline Lleucu

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 14:36 BST (UK) »
Yes, all of your observations are correct ( thank you all for your interest) but I don't see how they are of any help with my original enquiry. Appreciate the details about the will, although I doubt that it will throw any light on his "missing"years. However I will look into that further, just in case - you never know in this game do you!

He was in South Wales in 1911 with wife and daughter but they moved back to Montgomreyshire in 1932. He seems to have gone awol after his daughters marriage in 1936. Then, of course it gets difficult with no paper trails to follow.
Still its intriguing ! Where was he?
Lleucu

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 14:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,. Thanks for responding.Yes he did marry as Thomas David James and he and his wife had a daughter and two sons.
Yes he was born in Montgomreyshire and I know who his parents, grandparents and siblings were.
Whether he changed his name  ( Iago is welsh for James) or kept his original name ,this period in his life is a mystery. One which I would like to solve is possible but I'm not getting very far!

Lleucu

Hi again. look all I have been working on is your statement he married as Thomas David James (He did not),  and enquired how you knew his parents etc, where is he pre 1911 with his parents & siblings?
Keyboard86