Author Topic: 118 High St Seven Oaks Kent-Grandma(deceased 1931) visited here-who were they?  (Read 5276 times)

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 118 High St Seven Oaks Kent-Grandma(deceased 1931) visited here-who were they?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 March 16 01:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mowsehowse:That was so interesting and after several tries received the information. I am so thankful for evereyone at rootschat for helping me with my queries. Had no idea all this information was available.  I tried  google image for the address of 127 Perryvale, Forest Hill but ended up with a street image.  So now I would like to know who resided at that address in 1930.  It was suggested I post a querie on the Kent board for the electoral register, & will follow up wth that.  Many thanks Janet.
BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Online Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 118 High St Seven Oaks Kent-Grandma(deceased 1931) visited here-who were they?
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 March 16 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Edith Allen is living at 127 Perry Vale in 1930 also at the address is Clarence Allen and Edna Allen

Also Gerald John Neville and Ivy Sabina Neville

This from the London Electoral Rolls

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 March 16 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mowsehowse:That was so interesting and after several tries received the information. I am so thankful for evereyone at rootschat for helping me with my queries. Had no idea all this information was available.  I tried  google image for the address of 127 Perryvale, Forest Hill but ended up with a street image.  So now I would like to know who resided at that address in 1930.  It was suggested I post a querie on the Kent board for the electoral register, & will follow up wth that.  Many thanks Janet.
Glad to help a little.
When you put something into a google search, just under the search box is a list of "All, maps, images" and so on.  Click on images.
But I did not find anything for the Forest Hill address..... though you could look on Zoopla for some where close perhaps.  All the best.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 March 16 03:04 GMT (UK) »
 Hello Gibel: Thank you for the 127 Perryvale info-Re; Edith, Clarence & Edna Allen- I am assuming the Neville's were boarding there as Ediths Husband was deceased years earlier and the extra income was needed. I had her son Clarence married in 1924 to a Jane Bacon in Mansfield Notts (no other info for them) so was surprised to find him at home with "mom". The BMD had his marriage and his death also in Mansfield Notts in 4thQ 1964. Clarence Edgar Aveling Allen was his name-But I regress.
    I really appreciate all the help received. I never knew Grandma Ethel as she died a few yrs before my birth, but I visit her grave alot.  Janet
BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Online Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 21 March 16 06:26 GMT (UK) »
I think Clarence Edgar Aveling Allen was born on 24 November 1900 and died in the Worthing area December 1973.

According to the Electoral Rolls he was still in Perry Vale in 1939. You could look for the family in the 1939 National Identity Register on Find My Past.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 March 16 11:58 GMT (UK) »
This helps confirm Annie and William Whynties connection with the drapers at High Street

Probate index entry
Annie Frances Whyntie of 9 Pembroke Road Sevenoaks (wife of William Whyntie) died 6 MArch 1938 Probate to the said William Whyntie retired draper  Effects £1188 - 6s 10d

That links in with the sale of the business when he retired.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 March 16 12:30 GMT (UK) »

Probate index entry
Annie Frances Whyntie of 9 Pembroke Road Sevenoaks (wife of William Whyntie) died 6 March 1938 Probate to the said William Whyntie retired draper  Effects £1188 - 6s 10d 

Gosh, that amount in 1938 makes them rather wealthy doesn't it?
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 21 March 16 17:10 GMT (UK) »
That was Annies estate

There is a Probate index entry for William when he dies in 1948. Same address. Executors Kathleen Frances Whyntie, spinster and Doris Nellie Collins, married woman. Effects £7409 12s 8d

If he had sold a successful business, then I am not so surprised they had a degree of capital behind them.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MattB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 08 April 16 12:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Susard:  8 children: my Grandma was Ethel B and she was #8. Married name Downey-both deceased by 1961
  Child #1. Edith  Hartley1862-1956,married Edgar J Allen1908-? 1 child married Cowans & died 1957-- others ??
  Child #2-Frederick 1864-1918 living in New Zealand-his children died 1961, 66 & 81.
  Child #3-Annie Frances1866-1938 married Wm Whyntie 1859-1948 They lived in Deptford or Seven Oaks KENT 2 of 5 of
               their Fred lived in Kent, Olive married Land, Cyril ??,.Doris married a Collins lived in Kent ad Kathleen also in Kent.
  Child #4-Florence 1869-1962, married Frank Humpherston 1878-1937 lived London. Their daughter Gladys F married
               Frederick Child #4-Florence 1869-1962, married Frank Humpherston 1878-1937 lived London. Their daughter
               married R.C Goodfellow 1902-1975-they may have lived Kent and london. Their dhtr,Joyce GE. married James
               Smith & Ron Butt.
  Child #5-Henry 1871-to about 1910 , children born 1897 to 1904, their deaths ??
  Child #6-Kate 1873-1954 married Arthur Smith 1873-?? 2 children Gordon & Eleanor- born between 1904 & 1909,their
               marriages & deaths ??
  Child #7-Clara 1875-1957 Hornsey, married Claude Obery,1876- ???2 children born 1898 to 1903-Kate, Edith & Muriel.
                Edith married Reginald Docwra, they may have lived in Kent. Other two children ??             
 Hope this is what you need to asertain who my Grandma stayed with.   Janet

Hello,

I live in Sevenoaks and am happy to help with look ups etc. Please just let me know what you would like.

I am interested in this family, as a WW1 researcher, because the sons of William and Annie Frances Whyntie, Cyril John and Frederick, both fought in the war. There is a discussion on the Great War Forum where I have posted a photo of Cyril

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=151632

Another researcher has then posted more info on Cyril

http://theauxiliaries.com/men-alphabetical/men-w-x-y-z/whyntie/whyntie.html

Both men died relatively young, in 1935 and 1937

My email is (*) if you'd like to get in touch direct with any requests. If any are buried locally I may be able to find the graves etc

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Follow me on twitter @7oaksww1 or please visit sevenoaksww1.org