Author Topic: Lloyd family in Beaumaris from 1826 on  (Read 1413 times)

Offline janicejo

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lloyd family in Beaumaris from 1826 on
« on: Thursday 17 March 16 01:14 GMT (UK) »
One of my cousins is a Lloyd, and I'm doing her tree. Her 2g grandfather was Llewelyn Lloyd, b. 1838 Beaumaris to John and Elizabeth Lloyd. I have the 1841, 1851, and 1861 censuses for the family. There oldest child John Lloyd was born in Carnaarvonshire, possibly Llandygai, and he married Mary Hughes in Beamaris.  Maria Lloyd, b.1826, married Henry Hughes. Elizabeth Lloyd b. 1828. Gaynor Lloyd b. 1830 m. Henry Owen/s.  James Lloyd b. 1832, Jane Lloyd b. 1834, m. Joseph Watkins. Benjamin Lloyd b. 1836, m. Ann Dixon.  Llewellyn immigrated to the US, married in Virginia, finally settled in Texas.
    I can't figure out the birthplaces of the parents. On the 1851 census, John is born "Pentravolis, Denbighshire", and Elizabeth is born "Ladegai, Caernarvonshire".  In the 1861 census, John is born "Landegai, Caernarvonshire" and Elizabeth is born "Penbordry, Denbighshire".  I think the places are actually Pentrefoelas, and Llandygai.  Any ideas on figuring out who was born where?

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Re: Lloyd family in Beaumaris from 1826 on
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 March 16 10:06 GMT (UK) »
is this the marriage .
 John Lloyd    spouse    Elizabeth Williams     
 01 Jun 1821  Llandegai, Caernarvon.

The birth certificate of Llewellyn would confirm mothers maiden name.
If it correct , you may get some clues from the marriage entry. Fathers names probably won`t be shown, but witnesses names may help.
 I think it`s on FindMyPast.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 March 16 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Pentrefoelas  is a place running adjacent to the A5.   you can find it on a road map
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 20 March 16 14:00 GMT (UK) »
If John was born in Pentrefoelas, there is a baptism which fits:-

John Lloyd
Christening Date - 27 Oct 1794
Christening Place - FOELAS, DENBIGH, WALES
Mother's Name - Ellin Lloyd

See - http://www.cpat.org.uk/ycom/conwy/pentrefoelas.pdf

David

Offline janicejo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 20 March 16 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks all for your suggestions.  I spent yesterday at a local LDS library, they have Find My Past free there.  For some background into this search:  I am a DNA match to a lady who's great-grandfather was Llewelyn A. Lloyd, b. 1868 Ohio, d. 1903 Texas.  In the US 1880 census, his father is listed a "L. Lloyd, b. abt. 1834, Wales (occ: Blacksmith)".   Other censuses have the father as "LW Lloyd" b. 1837-8, Wales".  There's a great document, the Confederate Pension application, in 1903, that has full name (Llewelyn William Lloyd) birthdate (2 Feb 1838), etc.    LW first appears in the US census in 1860, in Miss. Other researchers have decided that he is the Llewellyn Lloyd bapt. 12 Oct 1868 in Beaumaris, and I think there are right, thru the process of elimination.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!
       LW is the youngest child of Blacksmith John Lloyd and his wife Elizabeth. They have several children, and one is a girl named Gaynor.  Their oldest child John was born in Caern, and I saw a birth record for a John Lloyd, bapt. 1822 to John, blacksmith, and Elizabeth, in Llandygai. In one of the censuses, Elizabeth's birthplace is listed as Llandygai.  So its possible that Elizabeth is Elizabeth Williams.   
       I found out that in the late 1700's, people at Pentrefoelas had to go to church in Llanefydd.  And there is a John Lloyd bapt. 1796 to Morris Lloyd and Gaynor there.  Morris Lloyd was the Miller in Pentrefoelas.  He died in 1798, and "Gaynor Jones" died a few weeks later (per FindmyPast).
     I'd really like to find out more info on John Lloyd's wife Elizabeth, but I think my next step is to find my 2g grandfather's bapt record from Tenbury, (then in Hereford, now in Worch.) to see who his mom was.  Tenbury records are still on microfilm in Salt Lake, so that's going to be a pain.