Author Topic: SHAW'S of Tomintoul ~ Kirkmichael ~ Banffs ~ Aberdeenshire . . .  (Read 3927 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST (Speciality - South Uist, Inverness)
    • View Profile
Re: SHAW'S of Tomintoul ~ Kirkmichael ~ Banffs ~ Aberdeenshire . . .
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 26 October 16 23:03 BST (UK) »
Just been reading through this tonight & what a shock ending.

I hope the woman is ok?

This is such a strange coincidence in genealogical terms.

It was on BBC News just before the fire caught hold;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-37595766

Condolences,

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie, MacDonald, MacInnes, MacIntyre, MacKinnon, Steele, Walker

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, MacKinnon, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Indiana.59

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SHAW'S of Tomintoul ~ Kirkmichael ~ Banffs ~ Aberdeenshire . . .
« Reply #28 on: Friday 13 July 18 19:00 BST (UK) »
Pretty sad to hear of the chalet - I had high hopes of stopping over there for a quick holiday and to do some research in the area - I read in the news the lady in question took in injured birds so that in itself is a sad loss to the area as well - a dog was lost never to be found and the poor woman in question was sofa surfing for a fair while - so I sincerely hope a home has been found for her now and "yus" how strange for history to have repeated itself - it was with interest to know how the farm itself burned down and now the redeeming curse that seems to take itself over to the chalet too - may I say a heartfelt to all that have given me so much information in regard of Delachule and about my family too - kind regards Indiana Shaw x

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.