Author Topic: Death Notice look up request at Newcastle Library  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death Notice look up request at Newcastle Library
« on: Thursday 17 March 16 22:59 GMT (UK) »
If anyone is at Newcastle Library and has the time to spare to check for a death notice in the Evening Chronicle I'd appreciate details for both/either of the following if they exist.

1 -  Elizabeth Mitchelson, died 13th July 1991, Gateshead

2 -  William Mitchelson (husband of the above) died 16th March 1975, Gateshead

The death dates have been obtained from an online tree so not confirmed but the tree is fairly small and they look right for the details in the GRO index so my guess is they are accurate.

Thanks

Boo

Offline ladynicotine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Death Notice look up request at Newcastle Library
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 March 16 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Boo

I've managed to find the following:

Mitchelson, Leam Lane, 21, Lecondale, in hospital on March 16, aged 87 years, William, the dearly loved husband of Elizabeth (nee Woodcock) and dear dad of Mary, Andrew, Henry and Margaret and a dear grandad and great-grandad.  Requiem mass in St Augustines Church, on Thursday at 10 a.m., internment following in Heworth Cemetery.  Will friends please meet at church.  On whose sould, sweet Jesus, have mercy.  R.I.P.

Evening Chronicle Tuesday March 18th 1975, pg 2.  Punctuation as in original.

Mitchelson Greenbourne Home (late of Lecondale, Leam Lane Estate).  In hospital on July 15th aged 97 years, Elizabeth (nee Woodcock), dearly loved wife of the late William, a loving mam of Mary, Andy, Harry and Margaret, a loved mother-in-law, dearest grandma, great-grandma and great-great-grandma.  to be received into St Augustines Church, Wednesday 17th July at 6.30 pm.  Funeral leaving daughters residence 136 Redemarsh, Thursday 18th July at 9.45 am.,  for Requiem Mass 10 am., followed by internment Heworth Cemetery at 10.45 am.  On whose soul, sweet Jesus, have mercy.  R.I.P.  Private afterwards.

Evening Chronicle, Tuesday July 16th 1991, page 2

Hope this helps.

Lady Nicotine
Eastwood - Kent/Sussex; Apted, Phillips- Sussex; Jermy - Norfolk; Grove - Buckinghamshire; Coles - London; Pilgrim, Harvey - Kent/Essex; Gambrell/Gambrill - Kent

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 March 16 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much Lady N. The death notices are 'extremely' helpful.

Fingers crossed it didn't take too long to find them (and you didn't get 'too' sidetracked looking at the adverts <g>)

It looks like the death dates on the online tree were, as I had surmised, accurate but its really good to have other confirmation and the rest of the details confirm what I had found about their family, but not properly confirmed.

Thanks again, your kindness and willingness to help is, as always, greatly appreciated.

Boo

Offline ladynicotine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 March 16 11:52 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome Boo

Didn't get too sidetracked this time - less interested in 1970's clothes!  It didn't take very long at all - once I'd worked out which way to put the film in the machine :-\

Lady Nicotine
Eastwood - Kent/Sussex; Apted, Phillips- Sussex; Jermy - Norfolk; Grove - Buckinghamshire; Coles - London; Pilgrim, Harvey - Kent/Essex; Gambrell/Gambrill - Kent

Offline jpuntin98

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 21 October 18 21:06 BST (UK) »
Hi, sorry for bringing this post back. I am just wondering why you were researching William and Elizabeth mitchelson? These are my great grandparents! I am trying to do a family tree and trying to find out more information.
Thanks

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 21 October 18 22:21 BST (UK) »
Oh don't be sorry I am always interested to find folk who are related to people on  my tree :-)

I am descended from one of Elizabeth's sisters. I didn't know either her or her husband but have vague memories from when I was a child of the names Lizzie and Billy Mitchelson mentioned by my grandmother.

The Elizabeth on my tree (and hopefully we have the same person) was born 25th March 1894 and died 15th July 1991, she was the 3rd (of 10 that I know of) child of Andrew Woodcock and his wife Margaret McGargle (Mcgarrigal + about a zillion spelling variations!). She married William Mitchelson on 16th April 1917 and had 4 children that I have found so far.

If this matches with what you know, then once you make 2 more posts to these boards I can contact you by the Private Message system and am more than happy to share information with you.

Just reply to this twice and you will have reached the magic number and I'll contact you:-)

Boo

Offline jpuntin98

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 21 October 18 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hi. These are the right people! William and Elizabeth were my mother’s grandma and grandad. Their four children were Margaret, Mary, Henry and Andrew, with Margaret the youngest being my grandmother! That would be great to be able to private message you about the family as we don’t know that much.
Thank you so much for replying.
Jade

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 21 October 18 22:39 BST (UK) »
One more post from you and we are good to go :-)

Boo

Offline jpuntin98

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 21 October 18 22:41 BST (UK) »
I’m new to this so may take me a white to reply! Sorry