Author Topic: Rootschat Login required every time!  (Read 5799 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Rootschat Login required every time!
« Reply #9 on: Friday 18 March 16 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Happens when using my iPad
Ringrise
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 March 16 20:41 GMT (UK) »
The same applies to you Ringrose, I presume you are using Safari as your web browser but it is probably deleting or not saving the cookie when you login.
Bloomfield, Knights, Whitmore, Warner (Suffolk)
Hamlin (London, Yorkshire, Scotland, Suffolk)
Mattocks, Newick, Nutter, (Kent)
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 19 March 16 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know why I suddenly have to log in every time I open Rootschat...the box to stay logged in is tick and the duration is something like 1444?
Is this to do with Win10 as it has only started to happen since I had it downloaded?
Carol

So in effect you are giving the computer 2 instructions.

one to stay logged in 1440 minutes and second one to stay logged in.

Which instruction is the computer to obey??
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 19 March 16 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Happens when using my iPad
Ringrise

If you go to "Settings" (The icon looks like a set of cogwheels)
Scroll down to Safari and on the right hand side you should see under "Privacy & Security"
Block Cookies -

Tap on this and a further menu opens which allows you to select settings for the ipad to deal with Cookies . Tap on the setting you want and a blue tick should appear against it.
(either of the settings "Allow from current website only" & "Allow from Websites I Visit" should help - the first of these is only of use if you only want it to remember one website setting the second is more general and allows Cookies from all the web sites you visit)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 21 March 16 11:35 GMT (UK) »
Ringrose,

On the IPad, are you pressing the "logout" button when you finish using RootsChat?

If you are doing then it will ask you to "login" again.

If you want to stay logged into RootsChat then just shut the window and don't press logout.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 March 16 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know why I suddenly have to log in every time I open Rootschat...the box to stay logged in is tick and the duration is something like 1444?
Is this to do with Win10 as it has only started to happen since I had it downloaded?
Carol

So in effect you are giving the computer 2 instructions.

one to stay logged in 1440 minutes and second one to stay logged in.

Which instruction is the computer to obey??

This wasn't set by me....It's always been like that since I joined and I have never altered it....the problem seems to have rectified itself now...thanks for your response.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU