Author Topic: Please help solve a mystery - two John Tulips in same family  (Read 2463 times)

Offline JoTH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum - what a cutie!
    • View Profile
Re: Please help solve a mystery - two John Tulips in same family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 March 16 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for all your thoughts and tips. I'll spend an afternoon online looking at the Bishops Transcripts, maybe a marriage for another John as well.  I live in the south of England so can't get to the records office but maybe a trip to the latest LDS centre might be an idea.

Joanna
Tulip, Button, Slater, Clay, Sleeman, Laverick, Whordley, Rowell.

Offline JoTH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum - what a cutie!
    • View Profile
Re: Please help solve a mystery - two John Tulips in same family
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 17:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts/input. If you're interested then below are my thoughts.

After spending quite a bit of time on this, I have come to the following conclusions:

John born 1805 (1st son) in Northumberland. He seems to appear in all the census with that birth date and place of birth and also his age on death matches.

Jno born 1808 (2nd son) in Durham.  I can't find him anywhere so can only conclude that either he went by another name or wasn't the son of William Tulip and Margaret Bones (Barnes in his case). As they had two later sons christened the same name and one was later known by another name, together with the fact that the child born after Jno was the 3rd son and there seem to be no infancy deaths for the one born in 1805, I think possibly that is the more likely scenario.

Again thanks for taking the time to read my initial post and for your comments.
Joanna

Tulip, Button, Slater, Clay, Sleeman, Laverick, Whordley, Rowell.