Author Topic: Eugenie Dickie (Kirkland) Deacon 1920-2008  (Read 431 times)

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Aye mair questions than answers!
    • View Profile
Eugenie Dickie (Kirkland) Deacon 1920-2008
« on: Sunday 20 March 16 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

I'm trying to find the Death Notice and/or an Obituary for Eugenie to complete her life-story in my tree. She was born Eugenie Dickie Kirkland on 18 May 1920 in New York, and died 4 Feb 2008 in Sacramento, California.  She married Arthur J Deacon, a printer, on 7 July 1955 in San Mateo County, California. I believe she lived in Winnipeg, Canada in her early years as her brother William was born there.

I'm almost certain a "RootsChatter" can come up trumps with something.

Regards

Chiad Fhear
Aye mair questions than answers in a world where the past was a different place - that cannae be revisited!

Family surnames being researched ...
Crawford, Neilson, Lindsay, Reekie, Davidson
Drummond, Laing, Pearson, Tulloch ... will do for starters but there's a whole lot more!

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Eugenie Dickie (Kirkland) Deacon 1920-2008
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 March 16 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm seems you have to pay for the rest of this obituary.........
Eugenie Dickie (Kirkland) Deacon Obituary - Published in The Sacramento Bee on Feb. 6, 2008
First 25 of 167 words -  Eugenie Dickie (Kirkland) Deacon - May 18, 1920 - Feb. 4, 2008 Born in New York City, Eugenie spent her early years in Winnipeg Canada until..........

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sacbee/obituary-preview.aspx?n=eugenie-dickie-deacon-kirkland&pid=102766058&referrer=106

slightly more info here..............Published in The Sacramento Bee on Feb. 6, 2008

Eugenie Dickie (Kirkland) Deacon archived
DEACON, Eugenie Dickie (Kirkland) May 18, 1920 - Feb. 4, 2008 Born in New York City, Eugenie spent her early years in Winnipeg Canada until moving in 1929 to the SF Bay area with her parents, Robert and Eugenie and little brother, Robert (Kirk)...................

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Aye mair questions than answers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 March 16 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra

I'd picked up on that snippet, thanks. I don't understand how hundreds of newspapers can give free access to their archives but the ones I'm looking for always seem to impose a charge  >:(

I'm really hoping for "a random act of human kindness" here by someone local who could maybe access the Sacramento Bee archives  ::)

Appreciate your prompt reply though.

Chiad Fhear
Aye mair questions than answers in a world where the past was a different place - that cannae be revisited!

Family surnames being researched ...
Crawford, Neilson, Lindsay, Reekie, Davidson
Drummond, Laing, Pearson, Tulloch ... will do for starters but there's a whole lot more!

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline usaPetticrew

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 March 16 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Deceased Name: Eugenie Dickie Deacon Kirkland
Sacramento Bee, The (CA) - February 6, 2008

Section: Death Notice - Classified

CA United States

DEACON , Eugenie Dickie (Kirkland) May 18, 1920 - Feb. 4, 2008 Born in New York City, Eugenie spent her early years in Winnipeg Canada until moving in 1929 to the SF Bay area with her parents, Robert and Eugenie and little brother, Robert (Kirk). She is survived by her husband of 53 years, Arthur, as well as daughters, (*), (*) and (*). Eugenie was the loving grandmother of (*)(*)(*)and (*)and proud Great Grandmother of six. Eugenie will be remembered for her skill at cake & cookie decorating, sewing, canning, gardening and square dancing. But most of all, she will be remembered for the hours spent reading to her beloved grandchildren. Her family wishes to thank the wonderful staff at Sierra Hills Care Center, Roseville for their compassion and unwavering care during Eugenie 's long battle with Parkinson's and Rheumatoid Arthritis. At her request no service will be held and her ashes will be spread over the clouds.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Petticrew, Pettigrew, Bedigrew, and all variants.