Author Topic: Caroline Maud Irene Semmens (or Simmonds)  (Read 3451 times)

Offline clancam37

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Caroline Maud Irene Semmens (or Simmonds)
« on: Monday 21 March 16 02:45 GMT (UK) »
Searching for parents, brothers, sisters of Caroline Maud Irene SEMMENS or SIMMONDS born Wales 1909.   Married James JACOBS in Surrey England 1936 and died at Lewisham, London January 1998.  Can sks help.
Regards
clancam37

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Caroline Maud Irene Semmens (or Simmonds)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 March 16 03:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, duplicate thread, responded to on other thread

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline seanrobertp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 31 March 16 21:07 BST (UK) »
Hi ,What would you like to know, my nan did tell me about her older sister, I do have a family
 tree on ancestry.com which lists all of her brother's and sister's, also her mother but no father.
many thanks
regards Sean

Offline clancam37

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 April 16 00:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Sean,  Thanks for your reply.  I'm researching Caroline Maud Irene Semmens and her husband James Jacobs married 1936.  Trying to find their ancestors, Caroline in Wales and James in and around Surrey England.  Also if possible James Jacobs Army service during WW2.  Can you help me with this.  Will have a look at your FT on Ancestry.com.
I may have her Father.
Thanks for your help.
Kind regards
Barry
clancam37
Hi ,What would you like to know, my nan did tell me about her older sister, I do have a family
 tree on ancestry.com which lists all of her brother's and sister's, also her mother but no father.
many thanks
regards Sean

Offline seanrobertp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 01 April 16 01:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Barry do not have anything on James apart from a message you sent me with his year of death which I have used to try to find him on the 1911 census .  looking for more information I found this post did not know you were the same person .  Have you tried talking to some of there children I just rang one of them and they told me a lot more information Margaret Irene Croombs was still living in London 2 years ago I contacted her alter talking to her daughter. I do know the surname Carolines  farther but no one in the family knows who’s her dad there are 3 brouthers  and none of the family know it is a big secret.  thanks sean

Offline clancam37

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 15 May 16 02:43 BST (UK) »
HI Sean,  My apologies getting back to you.  Have been back in the 1700s searching Jacobs ancestors and a later addition to the family tree.  Have Margaret Croombs and yet to follow up.
Caroline Semmens ancestors have been difficult however believe I'm now on the right path and will respect your confidence.   Many thanks for your help
Regards
clancam37
 name
Hi Barry do not have anything on James apart from a message you sent me with his year of death which I have used to try to find him on the 1911 census .  looking for more information I found this post did not know you were the same person .  Have you tried talking to some of there children I just rang one of them and they told me a lot more information Margaret Irene Croombs was still living in London 2 years ago I contacted her alter talking to her daughter. I do know the surname Carolines  farther but no one in the family knows who’s her dad there are 3 brouthers  and none of the family know it is a big secret.  thanks sean

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 15 May 16 07:33 BST (UK) »
Hi is it at all possible you can have the politeness/decency to reply on your other thread, where answers are awaiting to to be answered?
Keyboard86

PS do either of you have the marriage certificate of James Jacobs to Caroline Maud Semmens to enable you both to gain a possible link to both "Fathers" and can one of you please supply the birth registration of Caroline Maud Semmens??

Offline seanrobertp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 15 May 16 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hi this is all I have on Carolines Birth and I think This is James in 1911 only have his birthday from his death in 1988 but if this is James it shows his Parents you have volume and page number
so you can get copys of birth and marrige if you need them.
I have a new laptop now my screen fell of the last one if you need anything more I will try to help 
Sean
Birth
Name Caroline Maud Semmens Registration Year1906 Registration Quarter Oct-Nov-Dec
Registration district Pontypridd Inferred County Glamorgan Volume 11a Page 676

Name James Jacobs Birth Date 19 Nov 1905
1911 census
Street Address 28 Fountain St S W Occupation SCHOOL Registration district Lambeth
Registration District Number 25 Sub-registration district Stockwell Household Members
George Jacobs 41
Elizabeth Jacobs 45
Elizabeth Jacobs 21
Ada Jacobs 17
Alfred Jacobs 14
Alice Jacobs 12
William Jacobs 8
James Jacobs 8
Thomas Jacobs 2

Marriage James Jacobs Date of Registration 1936 - Jul-Aug-Sep[1936] Registration district
Surrey North Western Inferred County Surrey Volume Number  2a Page number 1198

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 15 May 16 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hi thank you for replying, but why oh why to be absolutely certain you have the correct 1911 census, do you not purchase that marriage certificate,  it would provide answers for Caroline Maud as well possibly, look at the other thread with more information?
Keyboard86

? Are not William & James aged 8 ie b c 1903?