Author Topic: Waterford Lismore or Helvick Birth Lookup Anne Beville  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Irish Finder

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Waterford Lismore or Helvick Birth Lookup Anne Beville
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 April 16 11:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks Aghadowey & Sarah, i have subscribed to find my past and paid searches in PRONI. I cannot find anything there. Not too sure on where to go from Australia with my research ??? ???

Is there another site to subscribe to (Like PRONI) but for the rest of Ireland? If so, i would be grateful for any tips as i keep hitting brick walls.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline familyroutes

• RootsChat Senior
  • The O'Kane Family Garvagh
    • View Profile
O'Kane, O'Mullan: Garvagh Derry
Bowe: Currabaha ,Waterford
McManus: Aghagallon ,Antrim
McGowan: Drumshambo, Leitrim

Offline Irish Finder

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 00:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much familyroutes, its funny you sent this, as this is what I ASSUME to be her other sisters (which of course I can not prove). All I know is that when Ann married, there was reference to her being one of three daughters.

If you look at the officers of the cathedral, their names are Bennett. This is a name which has been used as a middle name in my family. I am a novice at best in family research, I have been kindly told that perhaps there is a link there? ;D ;D ;D

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 01:52 BST (UK) »
You're not getting confused with the newspaper notice about Melesina Bateman's marriage which said she was the third daughter of Michael?

Offline Irish Finder

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 04:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Hurtworth, yes there was a mention of Melisina Bateman being one of three daughters in a newspaper (factual) ;D

Then there was an article in Lismore with reference to other female Beville's assuming they are related to Ann (not proved) ??? per my last reply to Familyroutes (I should have added 'possibly' at the end of my 'assume' paragraph below  ::)

Thank you so much familyroutes, its funny you sent this, as this is what I ASSUME to be her other sisters (which of course I can not prove). All I know is that when Ann married, there was reference to her being one of three daughters.

If you look at the officers of the cathedral, their names are Bennett. This is a name which has been used as a middle name in my family. I am a novice at best in family research, I have been kindly told that perhaps there is a link there? ;D ;D ;D

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 05:35 BST (UK) »
What is the source of the information about Ann Belville being one of three daughters ?

Offline familyroutes

• RootsChat Senior
  • The O'Kane Family Garvagh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 15:55 BST (UK) »
Honoria/Norah and Melisina (as seen with the Batesmans mentioned in the Parliamentary Papers) seem to be names that were carried on into the Hunter family. Melisina, in particular, is a most unusual name.
O'Kane, O'Mullan: Garvagh Derry
Bowe: Currabaha ,Waterford
McManus: Aghagallon ,Antrim
McGowan: Drumshambo, Leitrim

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 20:48 BST (UK) »
Melesina doesn't seem that uncommon around Waterford though - e.g. Melesina Fleury, Melesina Chevenix (who were both from Church of Ireland clerical Huguenot families), which makes me wonder whether the Bevilles had Huguenot origins as well (but this is going over old ground that's already been posted)

In 1772 a Margaret Bennett married a Henry Sandiford.   I think this Henry Sandiford could be the Rev Henry Sandiford who became precentor of Cork.   Rev Henry Sandiford's three sons were also clergymen and one was Thomas Sandiford who was at the chapel in Villierstown in the early 19th century.

https://books.google.co.nz/books?id=G4UAAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA267&lpg=PA267&dq=rev+henry+sandiford&source=bl&ots=qf2Dc90kKa&sig=uRuC32-KxmoUOkt7Xhig29WDkuk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjl2YmakJ_MAhVX72MKHR6MANYQ6AEIGzAA#v=onepage&q=rev%20henry%20sandiford&f=false

I'm just throwing some ideas out there, but there was a Bishop Bennet of Cork, and if you look at the book in the link above on page 156 a Bennet was associated with one church just after James Sandiford.

Bennet seems like an unusual spelling - could that be originally French as well?