Author Topic: Rowats' in Kirkintilloch, Dunbartonshire, Scotland  (Read 952 times)

Offline krellia

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rowats' in Kirkintilloch, Dunbartonshire, Scotland
« on: Thursday 24 March 16 16:53 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information on the ROWAT family in Kirkintillock, Dunbartonshire, Scotland. According to my records John ROWAT (1710-1757?) married Christian LANG (1712-1800) some time around 1735. Known children from this marriage are John Rowat(1736-), James Rowat(1746-1847) (m. Janet Stirling), Mary Rowat(1749-), David Rowat(1751-)(m. Mary Stirling) and Janet Rowat (1757-).

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Rowats' in Kirkintilloch, Dunbartonshire, Scotland
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 May 16 09:38 BST (UK) »
I realise you posted this a couple of months ago but I have only just noticed it.

This is my family.  John Rowat and Christian Lang/Laing are my 5x great grandparents.  David is my 4x grt grandfather.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Kathie J B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 October 17 08:19 BST (UK) »
This is our family as well. I am the 6th great grand daughter of John Rowat and Christian Lang. Our family descends from their son William> James> James> Agnes. Agnes was my 2nd great grandmother and migrated to NSW, Australia.
My family has dna matched to John and Christian's sons James and David whose family migrated to America.
If you want any information I'm not sure how you can contact me, but leave a message here.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 October 17 08:22 BST (UK) »
This is our family as well. I am the 6th great grand daughter of John Rowat and Christian Lang. Our family descends from their son William> James> James> Agnes. Agnes was my 2nd great grandmother and migrated to NSW, Australia.
My family has dna matched to John and Christian's sons James and David whose family migrated to America.
If you want any information I'm not sure how you can contact me, but leave a message here.

Hi cousin, you can pm on here, if you want my e-mail address let me know and I'll PM you.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others