Author Topic: Rowats' in Kirkintilloch, Dunbartonshire, Scotland  (Read 3489 times)

Offline krellia

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rowats' in Kirkintilloch, Dunbartonshire, Scotland
« on: Thursday 24 March 16 16:53 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information on the ROWAT family in Kirkintillock, Dunbartonshire, Scotland. According to my records John ROWAT (1710-1757?) married Christian LANG (1712-1800) some time around 1735. Known children from this marriage are John Rowat(1736-), James Rowat(1746-1847) (m. Janet Stirling), Mary Rowat(1749-), David Rowat(1751-)(m. Mary Stirling) and Janet Rowat (1757-).

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Rowats' in Kirkintilloch, Dunbartonshire, Scotland
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 May 16 09:38 BST (UK) »
I realise you posted this a couple of months ago but I have only just noticed it.

This is my family.  John Rowat and Christian Lang/Laing are my 5x great grandparents.  David is my 4x grt grandfather.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Kathie J B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 October 17 08:19 BST (UK) »
This is our family as well. I am the 6th great grand daughter of John Rowat and Christian Lang. Our family descends from their son William> James> James> Agnes. Agnes was my 2nd great grandmother and migrated to NSW, Australia.
My family has dna matched to John and Christian's sons James and David whose family migrated to America.
If you want any information I'm not sure how you can contact me, but leave a message here.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 October 17 08:22 BST (UK) »
This is our family as well. I am the 6th great grand daughter of John Rowat and Christian Lang. Our family descends from their son William> James> James> Agnes. Agnes was my 2nd great grandmother and migrated to NSW, Australia.
My family has dna matched to John and Christian's sons James and David whose family migrated to America.
If you want any information I'm not sure how you can contact me, but leave a message here.

Hi cousin, you can pm on here, if you want my e-mail address let me know and I'll PM you.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline RxJxK94

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 January 21 09:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kathie J B I have been doing my mother in laws family tree and all her relatives are yours as well. Her great great great grandfather was your great great great grandfather. Do you have anymore information? I'm very interested and hope to be in touch with you all

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 January 21 22:58 GMT (UK) »
hi Rx, which of the Rowatts is she descended from.

Offline RxJxK94

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 09 January 21 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi she descended from her dad who is still alive at the age of 95 and her dads dad was called Bertrum and his dad was called Robert and Roberts was called Thomas. Robert went to prison and shipped to Australia. We have done the family tree all the way back to 1516 who was called the elder John Rowat. The further up we went the more Scottish people come up all the ones you have named are also all the same names you have put. My great great grandad is called Robert. You can email me on (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline RxJxK94

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 10 January 21 19:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi pharma can you confirm if you got my reply.