Author Topic: Deleted photos from Android phone by accident  (Read 5218 times)

Offline greenrig

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Father, 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Deleted photos from Android phone by accident
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 December 16 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Does your phone have a removable micro-SD card for the photos?   If yes, you can remove the card, put it in a full-sized SD adapter, and pop it into a PC or card reader attached to a PC.   Then you can use the excellent shareware programme RECUVA to recover the photos.   I did this recently for a friend and recovered thousands of lost photos.

If all the above is meaningless to you, then ask a friend to help.   Have you considered the backup of your photos ?  Do you have a backup?    All phones, cards etc will fail (or be lost) finally; this is where backup come in.
NEILSON - Erskine/Bishopton, Renfrewshire and Glasgow
BROWN - Hamilton, Lanarkshire
CAIRNS - Hamilton, Lanarkshire
FINDLAY - Kirriemuir area, Forfarshire/Angus
PORTER - Tobermore, Derry, Ireland

Offline Hystericalwriter

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 December 16 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Yes it does have a micro sd card, I have a Micro adapter for it. Don't think I had saved the photo to the sd card, but now back up photos to G* which works well now. Luckily I didn't lose family pictures, just some of a walking holiday.....thanks

Anne
OWEN(s): Llangurig, MGY; JOHN: Treherbert GLA; LEWIS: Margam GLA; BOON: Brixham, DEV
VITTERY:Brixham, DEV; FRANCE: Brixham, DEV
GLOVER: Parkham, DEV ;BOIT: Wellington, SOM
YOUNG: Castle Combe, WIL; LIVINGSTONE: Limavady NI; CAMPBELL: Ballykelly, Derry

Offline ct200xus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 27 December 16 03:11 GMT (UK) »
Here is a simple guide to recover deleted photos from Galaxy phones:
http://www.androidphonesoft.com/resources/recover-deleted-photos-from-samsung-galaxy-phone.html

Offline fellie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 27 February 17 08:55 GMT (UK) »
If you haven't made a backup, you can have a try of data recovery methods, I think that is a good choice for data recovery. Anyway, if you really want the deleted data back, you should try every method, no matter they are free or paid. Those recovery tools can also have the possibility to recover deleted data I think.

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 27 February 17 09:09 GMT (UK) »

Having also lost photos from my phone, I now have it set to back up to my Drive when it's on the wi-fi and charging, so basically anything new is backed up automatically everyday.

My version is Kitkat and have to swipe down to select the method of connection of the USB to the pc.
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Hystericalwriter

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 27 February 17 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for all your advice and comments, my pics go to G* automatically now, which is good, until I forget my G* password!
OWEN(s): Llangurig, MGY; JOHN: Treherbert GLA; LEWIS: Margam GLA; BOON: Brixham, DEV
VITTERY:Brixham, DEV; FRANCE: Brixham, DEV
GLOVER: Parkham, DEV ;BOIT: Wellington, SOM
YOUNG: Castle Combe, WIL; LIVINGSTONE: Limavady NI; CAMPBELL: Ballykelly, Derry

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 27 February 17 13:59 GMT (UK) »

I forget my passwords too!! ::) ;D I am the only one that uses my pc so I ask Firefox to remember them ;D ;D ;D  (I do have them written down in a notebook though, was told to by my Nerd after I had forgotten my email password ::) ;D ;D)
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Shehab

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 28 February 17 07:05 GMT (UK) »
No matter where your photos are stored you can get them back with MobiKin Doctor, as it provides two recovery modes with both Android data recovery and sd card recovery. To recover deleted photos from Android, you need act fast to run this tool, as the deleted data can be overwritten by new data. Make sure you device has rooted. Then you can follow this guide to recover deleted photos from Android

Offline MichelleSarah

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 04 May 17 08:19 BST (UK) »
1. DO NOT USE THE PHONE. using the phone causes read/ write to memory which will reduce the chance of recovery by experts.

2. If she uses Google Photos or Google Drive or Dropbox, etc... check from the WEBSITE and see if the photo sync functions were enabled and sync was done to <a href="https://www.forecovery.com/android/recover-photos-on-android.html">recover deleted photos from Android phone</a>.

3. If confirmed really everything is only on the phone, then remove external card (if she uses it) and check from a PC to see if the camera apps was configured to save to memory card instead.