Author Topic: William Trewartha Breage Parish  (Read 4040 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: William Trewartha Breage Parish
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 30 March 16 11:23 BST (UK) »
William Trewartha son of: William Benbow Henry Trewartha
married  Sarah Quintrell daughter of John Quintrell 25 Dec 1873 Wesleyan Church Yelta
registered in Daly, South Australia
Page Number: 866 Volume Number:97
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 30 March 16 11:36 BST (UK) »
Some interesting info from googling;;

William Trewartha referred to as a son of John Trewartha and Mary Ann Trestrail Trewartha/ nee Benbow did not go to Australia, he died in 1851.

The William Trewartha who went to Australia and married Sarah Quintrell is a illigitmate son of Mary Trewartha, a sister of John T who married M,A,T,Benbow. The father of Willam Trewartha is a William Benbow brother to M.A.T.Benbow. William Benbow went to Chile, possoibly not knowing he was to become a father. If you see the marriage certificate of William Trewartha his parents are shown as Mary Trewartha and father William Benbow.

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 30 March 16 12:04 BST (UK) »
Ok;
Marriage;
15 Oct 1843, Holy Trinity, St Day, Cornwall
John TREWARTHA, 20, Occp Miner, Father, JOHN, Occp Miner
Mary Ann Trestrail BENBOW, Occp Servant, Father JOHN, Occp Miner
(FreeREG)

Another post;
I am a direct descendant of Mary Trewartha and William Downing Phillips and live in Whyalla, South Australia.
However, I have William Trewartha ( without the Henry Benbow) being born on 9/9/1846, place unknown. I am not sure if I am correct or not. Wondering if you have seen anything on my William Tre. According to family folklore he was born out or wedlock and came out to Adelaide when he was 16 years of age.
According to his grave records at Moonta he was buried on 26/12/1918 and was 72 years

Offline Teal25

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 07 August 16 11:19 BST (UK) »
Hi.  I am also trying to find details of Owen Butler Trewartha as I think he may have sailed with my family from England to South Africa.  Do you think this is the same Owen?

Offline Kali

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 09 June 17 05:06 BST (UK) »
Hi, my name is Kali Edmonds, I am
Owen Butler Trewartha's granddaughter. Looking to get in touch with Kaylene who has posted on here.
Also of mention, this is the same Owen Trewartha that undertook Captain James Cook's Bicentenary Voyage. Just about to read the book...
Kaylene, could you find me on fb?