Author Topic: Penllwyn, Harlech  (Read 657 times)

Offline ger1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Penllwyn, Harlech
« on: Monday 28 March 16 11:19 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to trace my great grandmother's family in the Harlech area. She was called Jennett Williams and had a brother called Samuel Williams who used to run the Gwalia Stores in Harlech and another brother called Griffith Jones Williams who died in 1950 at Penllwyn, Harlech. I believe that Griffith had three sons called Trevor, Owen and Emrys. I would be grateful if anyone could help me.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Penllwyn, Harlech
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 March 16 13:32 BST (UK) »
She was called Jennett Williams and had a brother called Samuel Williams

No birthyears given for either.  If her brother Griffith was born in 1874 - presumably she was in a similar age range so have you checked the 1881 census for the family?

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/2562194?collectionNameFilter=false

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ger1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 March 16 13:53 BST (UK) »
Jennett was born in Llandanwg in 1867 and have found her on 1871 Census. She married a Robert Pierce and lived in Beddgelert and died in 1919. I'm looking to find if there are any of the family still in the Harlech area now.

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 28 March 16 14:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
Just before WW2 there was a Griffith J Williams, Builder & Contractor, wife Margaret Williams, and Trevor Wynne Williams, Stonemason & Bricklayer, living at Penllwyn, Bryn y Nant, Harlech.
Emyr

Offline ger1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 28 March 16 20:02 BST (UK) »
That would be them without a doubt