Author Topic: thank you everyone  (Read 1798 times)

Offline sirsimon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: thank you everyone
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 February 18 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi guys,

Been about 2 years since I posted this and I just wanted to give an update. As of February 2018, I can now without a shadow of a doubt say that the majority of my research is complete.

The only things that are left to complete are a few tidbits from Ireland, which continues to be incredibly challenging. But I hope everyone is doing well with their own research and I hope they are still breaking those walls.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 February 18 17:10 GMT (UK) »
I've followed many of your queries on the Cumberland board over the years, and like me you've had some excellent help from people on there, haven't you?
It's a really good feeling when you can help someone else with their research, actually, and on the sadly rare occasions I've been able to help others it's a fantastic feeling! It's lovely to be able to give back something.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 February 18 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Pleased to hear that you have now virtually finished your research. 

As TY says it is a good feeling when you can help others with their research, perhaps you can put your experience to good use on here now.  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk