Author Topic: thank you everyone  (Read 2334 times)

Offline sirsimon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: thank you everyone
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 February 18 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi guys,

Been about 2 years since I posted this and I just wanted to give an update. As of February 2018, I can now without a shadow of a doubt say that the majority of my research is complete.

The only things that are left to complete are a few tidbits from Ireland, which continues to be incredibly challenging. But I hope everyone is doing well with their own research and I hope they are still breaking those walls.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 February 18 17:10 GMT (UK) »
I've followed many of your queries on the Cumberland board over the years, and like me you've had some excellent help from people on there, haven't you?
It's a really good feeling when you can help someone else with their research, actually, and on the sadly rare occasions I've been able to help others it's a fantastic feeling! It's lovely to be able to give back something.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 February 18 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Pleased to hear that you have now virtually finished your research. 

As TY says it is a good feeling when you can help others with their research, perhaps you can put your experience to good use on here now.  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk