Author Topic: John Robert Burrows Eaton ELY  (Read 4070 times)

Offline magslote

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Robert Burrows Eaton ELY
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 October 16 13:24 BST (UK) »
Hello All been looking at this request for sometime now, reguarding Caroline Wright nee Ely 1841-1883, and had help with Rootschat site, you may have the following??????you say you have the marriage of caroline in 1864, at st marys lambeth london,  1D/509.one of her wittnesses was a Jo??
Gawler.???1851 census have a family down in Wicken Market suffolk of John Ely born 1803, wife Mary
Ely  born 1800 Litte Stoneham suffolk, in 1871 census of st ives, has John Ely living with them, John Ely was their grandson, born st ives.1881 census st ives living at westwood st  st ives.
1871 census rutland st,st mary abbott kensington london.
Caroline Wright, aged 30,son George born1866 kensington, and Amelia dau,1869 Chelsea.1881 census 11 pavillion st Chelsea, with the addition of Henry Day lodger21 from Derbyshire.I think Caroline died in 1883 aged42 death cert is 1a/109 at Kensington.Margaret in Cambs.

Offline magslote

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 October 16 13:53 BST (UK) »
Hello just had another lead from rootschat, ingnore  what I have just sent, it seems Caroline married a Smith of all people, will get back to you as and when.Margaret. phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline magslote

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 October 16 14:14 BST (UK) »
Just had message from Rootschat. 31.3.1901 Riley St Chelsea London
Caroline  Smith, aged 60 born St Ives.
Amelia Redinhall???????? aged 31 Chelsea, daughter, lets hope we are on the right track now.??????
Margaret.

Offline pathar505

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 03 October 16 21:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret
Thank you for your replies. l have the family history going back to John Ely's birth and his bapt just before he got married.
He married Mary Pyett and she had a brothe, Lott, who was a builder. He was the oneto move to Suffolk and some of the family followed.John was a gardener in St Ives. Caroline was his daughter and gave birth to John Robert Eaton Burroughs ( Burrows) when she was 20. She moved to London   and joined her brother and sister there.She was a dressmaker and JREB always said that she made him a white silk scarf out of one of Queen Victoria 's petticoats.No one believed him because they didn't know how a man from Chesterfield could possibly have any connection with a royal petticoat! Since then, of course,. I have found that it would be quite possible and why would he make up such a story? She married George Wright in 1864 in Lambeth. They lived on Lambeth Walk at the time.
JREB married Emma Welham and they had 11 children, some of who were born in Suffolk and the younger ones were born in Chesterfield. They moved to Chesterfield for work and JRBG and 2 of his sons who at (I think ) Sheepbridge Foundry. He was still a gardener there. After Emma died, he went to live with his youngest daughter in the parish of Hartington.
Hope you found this of interest.
Pat
JRBE married Emma Welham from Buxhall
Ely - Suffolk
Pyatt - Suffolk
Davey - Suffolk
Welham - Suffolk
Hallowes/Hallows -Derbyshire, Staffordshire
Mellor - Grindon, Staffordshire
Gould - Butterton, Staffordshire
Morewood - Derbyshire
Wilton - Derbyshire
Harrison - Barrow in Furness

Offline magslote

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 08:02 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Pathar505, myself and rootschat were barking up the wrong tree, thankyou Margaret.

Offline pathar505

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 08:41 BST (UK) »
I meant to confirm in my last reply that the census information you have for Caroline Wright in Chelsea and Knightsbridge is correct. Her husband never seems to be around though. I have not researched his whereabouts.
Pat
Ely - Suffolk
Pyatt - Suffolk
Davey - Suffolk
Welham - Suffolk
Morewood - Derbyshire
Wilton - Derbyshire

Offline magslote

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 11:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Pathar505, if you care to visit Rootschat website, and go to London/Middlesex, this was the help I  was recieving from Jamjar, at the weekend, if you have more clues, she is the person who may help, no clues reguarding the hubby of Caroline, not on two census, ????????????.Margaret.

Offline pathar505

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 15 January 17 11:15 GMT (UK) »
To all correspondents who replied to my earlier posts, l would like to thank you for your comments and suggestions. Unfortunately, family history had to take a back seat for a while due to my husband's ill health and subsequent death . However, I now have the time and inclination to continue my research.
Regards
Pat
Ely - Suffolk
Pyatt - Suffolk
Davey - Suffolk
Welham - Suffolk
Morewood - Derbyshire
Wilton - Derbyshire

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 15 January 17 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat

I am so sorry to hear about your husband.  I am pleased to see you back and hopefully we can make some progress on this query.

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk