Author Topic: Bree Family  (Read 2691 times)

Offline 4373jamie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bree Family
« on: Thursday 31 March 16 12:57 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am currently trying to find out information about the Bree family from Channel Islands but finding information hard to come by.

I currently have the following information.

John Charles Bree (born in Jersey) married Beryl Sylvia Holloway (born 1933 in Folkestone) at St. Clements Church in Jersey on 9/9/1953. Believe John Charles Bree's father was John Francis Bree who was a labrourer but that is all the information i have.

Can anybody help???

Would like to find the mother for John Charles Bree and take the Bree line back further.

Thanks

Jamie

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Bree Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 31 March 16 13:03 BST (UK) »
Possibility - from the Jersey Archive site. John Charles' date of birth is given as 14/10/1933

Registration card of Marie Alexandrine Bree, née Belhomme, of 2, Chez Nous, Le Bourg, St Clement, born 21/07/1913, and John Charles Bree, David George Bree, Charles Edward Bree, Michael Roy Bree, Doreen Mary Bree, Margaret Teresa Bree, and Derek Bree, registered as children on back of card

Offline 4373jamie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 31 March 16 13:53 BST (UK) »
I have seen this before but was not sure it was the John Charles Bree i was looking for. Have seen other posts on this site that have made me doubt it. Could do with more information to be certain it is the same person.

Have you found any evidence of another John Charles Bree in the same area at roughly same time?

Thanks

Jamie

Offline 4373jamie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 31 March 16 22:07 BST (UK) »
Marie Alexandrine Belhomme married a Jean Francis Coubelec Bree. This is what is slightly confusing me as i had the fathers name as John Francis Bree. They are similar and could be pronounciation thing as all the details seem to fit nicely. What are you thoughts?

Offline 4373jamie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 31 March 16 22:29 BST (UK) »
I have also found evidence in the 1911 census of a John Francis Bree who was 1 year old at the time and born in St. Saviour. His father was John Sydney Bree and mother was Mable E J Bree. Is this the John Francis Bree i am looking for who later had a child called John Charles Bree???

Offline Alleycat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 01 April 16 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Jamie,
My name is Alice - my uncle was John Charles Bree born in Jersey. He is part of the family la grande-methe has mentioned in their reply.
I had the pleasure of actually meeting Uncle John and his family a few years back. I asked him about Beryl Holloway and he informed me that he had only married once and that he was still married to her (Pam) and that he didn't know a Beryl.
So I think there must be more than one John Charles Bree, born in Jersey. I know that there was quite a few Bree family's in Jersey when I sent out letters asking if they were part of my family tree.

I wish you luck in your endeavour to find your family members. I, on the other hand have come to a stand still. Living in Australia and trying to find information from Jersey is very hard.

Regards,
Alice

Offline 4373jamie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 01 April 16 14:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks it was your message that i read before and was making me doubt it was the correct person. I shall see if i can find another John Charles Bree but as yet have not.

I dont know if you have tried the following website.

www.jerripediabmd.net

Is full of records from Jersey from 1600-1900. Are plenty of Bree's on there but too early for me at present. Also has origins of the Bree name and first recorded in jersey etc so may be off interest to you.

Jamie

Offline 4373jamie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 01 April 16 16:06 BST (UK) »
Has anybody found evidence of another John Charles Bree from Jersey?. As he married Beryl Sylvia Holloway in 1953 and she was 20 at the time i asume he would have been about the same age. So looking late 20's-early 30's??

Any help would really be appreciated

Thanks Jamie