Author Topic: James Rothwell - born 1864  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Shogmoor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Rothwell - born 1864
« on: Sunday 03 April 16 10:36 BST (UK) »
James Rothwell born 1864 married Kate Powell in 1891 in Wrexham.  Trying to trace his family. Believe he came from Pilkington, near Manchester, but wondered if any other researcher is chasing the same family

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Rothwell - born 1864
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 April 16 10:40 BST (UK) »
There are quite a lot of James Rothwell births in 1864 +/- a year!

You really need his father's name, from the Marriage Certificate, to ascertain his parentage.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline dragonT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 April 16 12:01 BST (UK) »
12 July 1891 at Wrexham Parish Church:
James Rothwell, 26, labourer of 9 James Street, son of John Rothwell, labourer married Kate Powell,22, 12 Farndon Street, dau. of John Powell, plasterer. (FamilySearch & FindmyPast)
Anglesey - Thomas:
Bodedern, Heneglwys, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Jones:
Llanfaethlu, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll, Rhoscolyn.
Anglesey - Parry:Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Lewis:Llanbadrig.
Anglesey - Willins & Tyran/Tyrer

Caernarvonshire - Evans and Lewis:Llanberis.

Denbighshire - Jenkins:Llandynan, Llantysilio, Cerrigydrudion.
Denbighshire - Jones:Rhos, Ruabon.
Denbighshire - Jones:Henllan

Flintshire - Mathews:Northop

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 April 16 13:19 BST (UK) »
12 July 1891 at Wrexham Parish Church:
James Rothwell, 26, labourer of 9 James Street, son of John Rothwell, labourer married Kate Powell,22, 12 Farndon Street, dau. of John Powell, plasterer. (FamilySearch & FindmyPast)

I have posted the 1901 census for what looks like this James and Kate on your other post where you are enquiring about JOHN Rothwell b 1864 Wrexham with parents John and Elizabeth (you state his parents married 1867???
Wondered if youm have dates and forenames mixed??

The Jams and Kate from 1901 give their p.o.b. as Manchester N.K. (= not known) later they give their p.o.b. as Holt Denbighs -their children were born Holt

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline Shogmoor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 April 16 13:31 BST (UK) »
I believe from what I have been told is that James was bought up in an orphanage. He was born prior to his parents getting married. I have searched all Wrexham for his parents with no luck. All the info I have on his parents I put in the earlier posting. There are so many Rothwells in Lancashire it is a bit of a nightmare

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 April 16 13:49 BST (UK) »
If James was illegit then there should not be a father's name on marriage cert and his birth would be registered in his Mother's maiden name

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 April 16 13:59 BST (UK) »
on your other post you are asking for information on JOHN Rothwell b 1864 Wrexham parents john & Elizabeth who married 1867 Bury and Elizabeth was from Pilkington??

so who is this John ? What relation was he to James???

Suz

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 07 April 16 14:02 BST (UK) »
I believe from what I have been told is that James was bought up in an orphanage. He was born prior to his parents getting married. I have searched all Wrexham for his parents with no luck. All the info I have on his parents I put in the earlier posting. There are so many Rothwells in Lancashire it is a bit of a nightmare

On your earlier posting the parents information you put was for the parents of John Rothwell -not James ??

are we looking for a John or a James or both??

Suz

Offline Shogmoor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 13 April 16 13:36 BST (UK) »
Looking for John. His son is James who married Kate, and James also had a son called James.