Author Topic: Henry White, Farnadolly, Cavan  (Read 4190 times)

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Henry White, Farnadolly, Cavan
« on: Wednesday 06 April 16 17:08 BST (UK) »
Looking for information on Henry White. (GGGF) (son of Francis White)
b. circa. 1760 of Farnadolly, Kilmore, Cavan, Ireland
m. Jane Geary  (dau of William Geary and Anne)
15 May 1787 in Kilmore Cathedral, Cavan, Ireland
d. 1837

Father of Richard White born  1788
Gartylough, Arva, Cavan, Ireland
d. 1872
e. Occupation
Tailor / Farmer
m. Johnston, Elizabeth
d. 1865

Thanks

deebel

This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry White, Farnadolly, Cavan
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 April 16 20:52 BST (UK) »
Looking for information on Henry White. (GGGF) (son of Francis White)
b. circa. 1760 of Farnadolly, Kilmore, Cavan, Ireland
m. Jane Geary  (dau of William Geary and Anne)
15 May 1787 in Kilmore Cathedral, Cavan, Ireland
d. 1837

Father of Richard White born  1788
d. 1872
e. Occupation
Tailor / Farmer
m. Johnston, Elizabeth
d. 1865

Thanks

deebel

Hi www.nationalarchives.ie  Griffiths valuation has records for a Richard White in Gartylough Parish of Killashandra Co Cavan in 1857.
Depending on the denomination of your family the Catholic Parish Registers are now online free to search at www.nli.registers.ie  Good luck

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 April 16 22:53 BST (UK) »
ballydw

Thanks. Yes I have the Griffiths info on Richard. I am fairly well informed on him. The detail tails off at Henry. Church of Ireland family however I would keep an open mind the further I go back.

deebel
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline ShHerman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 August 17 04:05 BST (UK) »
Deebel,
I was wondering if you could share more details pertaining to the White family? I too am trying to track them. Do you have anymore information on the Johnston family? The family relation is Richard White and Elizabeth Johnston. Their son John White who married Anne Grier. Their daughter Henrietta Olivia White who married James Harvey Taverner. Any help is appreciated. Thanks ahead of time. I will keep you posted as I find more on the family. It may take some time, but if I find something substantial I will post it here.
Shawn H

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 20 August 17 22:49 BST (UK) »
Shawn H,

I don't have anything on the Johnston family other than an unverified note on my tree info.

"Eliz Johnston may have been related to the Johnston families of Ballymagerril in Templeport parish near Swanlinbar, Cavan.  `b1784`"

For some reason the family after Richard White are named Whyte. My grandfather Blayney Whyte was the brother of Henrietta Olivia who married James Taverner.

Our Whyte family tree is fairly well documented. I'm sure that I can help you. Are you researching for someone or are you related?

deebel

Offline ShHerman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 20 August 17 23:26 BST (UK) »
Deebel,
I am helping out my in laws track down their Irish family. I myself am not an immediate relation to the White family, but am gathering as much information as possible (Such as proofs, dates, places, and other family relations) on the family.

I too have Irish relations in Cavan in Kilmore Parish. My family ancestor from Ireland is George Vinton born in Cootehill, Kilmore Parish.

Currently trying to look at nearby White families to Gartylough to see if this can possibly lead to a further lead on the origin of Francis White.

If it is easier you can email directly at *. Still searching, looking forward to working with you more.
Kind regards,
Shawn H

*Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChat general practice, to avoid others spamming or abusing ut.  Please use the personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thanks

Offline ShHerman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 28 August 17 04:39 BST (UK) »
This is the information I have on the White family currently:

Francis White
- 5 Jul 1756 Farnham, Ulney Parish, Barony of Upper Loughtee, County Cavan, Ireland
Declaration of Trust between Francis White and John, 1st Baron
- 15 Jun 1759 Drumcor, Kilmore Parish, Barony of Upper Loughtee, County Cavan, Ireland
Bargain and Sale between William Davis and Francis White, pertaining to the lands of Middle Drumcor
- 16 Jun 1759 Drumcor, Kilmore Parish, Barony of Upper Loughtee, County Cavan, Ireland
William Davis to Francis White, pertaining to the lands of Middle Drumcor
*Source: Farnham Papers

Henry White
Birth est 1760 Farranydally, Kilmore Parish, Barony of Upper Loughtee, County Cavan, Ireland
Death bef 6 June 1831 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
*Source of Birth Place: Stated on Marriage Record
*Source of Death Place: Not Mentioned on the 1841 Census which made mention of those who were living at the house as early 1831 regardless if they were dead or not.

Marriage of Henry White and Jane Geary 15 May 1787 Kilmore Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland

Jane Geary daughter of William Geary and Anne
Baptisms 10 Aug 1758 Kilmore Parish, Barony of Upper Loughtee, County Cavan, Ireland
Death 1837 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
*Source of Baptism: Rootsireland.ie
*Source of Death: 1841 Census, Gartylough

Son: Richard White
Born 1788 County Cavan, Ireland
Died 1872 County Cavan, Ireland
- 2 Mar 1832 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
Tithe Applotment
- 1841 Gartylough, Killashandra, Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
Census
- 25 Jun 1857 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
Griffith Valuation
*Source of Birth and Death: Cavan Civil Death Index

Marriage of Richard White and Elizabeth Johnston 1818 County Cavan, Ireland
*Source of Marriage: 1841 Census, Gartylough

Elizabeth Johnston
Birth 1798 County Cavan, Ireland
Death 16 Sep 1865 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
-1841 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
Census
*Source of Death: Cavan Civil Death Records and rootsireland.ie

Children:
_Henry White
Birth 1819 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
_Anne White
Birth 1821 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
_William White
Birth 1823 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
_Robert White
Birth 1825 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
_Richard White
Birth 1827 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
_John White
Birth 1829 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
_Francis White
Birth 1831 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
_James White
Birth 1835 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
_Charles White
Birth 1839 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
*Source: 1841 Census

John Whyte
Birth 12 May 1829 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
Died 28 May 1915
-1841 Gartylough, Killashandra Parish, Barony of Tullyhunco, County Cavan, Ireland
Census
Married: Abt 1857
Anne Grier

If you are able to add more details than these I have listed, let me know.
Kind Regards,
Shawn

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 28 August 17 08:43 BST (UK) »
Shawn H,

I don't have anything on the Johnston family other than an unverified note on my tree info.

"Eliz Johnston may have been related to the Johnston families of Ballymagerril in Templeport parish near Swanlinbar, Cavan.  `b1784`"

For some reason the family after Richard White are named Whyte. My grandfather Blayney Whyte was the brother of Henrietta Olivia who married James Taverner.

Our Whyte family tree is fairly well documented. I'm sure that I can help you. Are you researching for someone or are you related?

deebel

You probably have this.... 

http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/cavan/photos/tombstones/cavan-kildallon-coi/target29.html
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.