Author Topic: Marriage Record Francis Graham/Elizabeth Crawford, Antrim  (Read 526 times)

Offline NJGF

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage Record Francis Graham/Elizabeth Crawford, Antrim
« on: Thursday 07 April 16 02:27 BST (UK) »
Francis (Patrick?) Graham and Elizabeth Crawford married early 1820's possibly in/near Ballyeaston.
I'm hoping to find names of parents for these two.
I had found a possible Christening record for their daughter Margaret 19 February, 1828 - Ballyeaston. They also had an older son Ramsay born 1825/6.
The four of them arrived in Canada June 2, 1830. I know the arrival date due to my GGfather's birth date rather than ship records. I have had quite a time trying to make any connection back to Ireland, as I knew only that they were from Antrim and were Wesleyan Methodists.
ANY information that can be found for these folks would be very appreciated.
Jane

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Record Francis Graham/Elizabeth Crawford, Antrim
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 April 16 08:59 BST (UK) »
Very difficult to find family information at such an early period and if they were Methodist in Ireland that will probably not help getting church records.

Here's a list of the present day Methodist churches in that area- be sure to look at the links under the relevant churches for historical background, etc.
http://www.irishmethodist.org/district/north-east
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jwaugh

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Record Francis Graham/Elizabeth Crawford, Antrim
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 11:27 BST (UK) »
Hello

Found a Patrick Grahame born to Francis Grahame and Eliza Crawford 13 June 1825 Tildarg Area.

Regards

John

Stewart, Stuart, Todd, Duncan, Waugh, in Ballyclare, Ballyeaston, Rashee, Cairncastle areas of Antrim, Northern Ireland (Ireland)