Author Topic: Heir raising moment -spooky or what ?!?  (Read 25904 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Heir raising moment -spooky or what ?!?
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday 25 May 16 14:33 BST (UK) »
Love it! ;D
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday 25 May 16 22:02 BST (UK) »
Another spooky coincidence:
my cousin went on a holiday to England, armed with all of our ancestral places. Going to Honiton, he tried to find a park in the main street so he could look around, especially for our ancestral inn. There was only one park left, so he decided to go into the wine shop that he parked in front of. He asked the owner if he knew where the Angel Inn was; imagine his surprise when the man told him he was standing in it! It was no longer an inn, but a shop and accommodation I believe.
When my cousin explained how our ancestors had once leased it, the man told him very cheekily that my cousin couldn't have it back.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday 25 May 16 22:23 BST (UK) »

That's heir-raising spookiness indeed, pinefamily  :o ;D :o
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hazelnuts01

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: Thursday 21 July 16 10:50 BST (UK) »
Searching my mothers side of my family tree, I came across similar surnames (spelt differently)
of the mothers of my Grandad and Grandma  -  after a lot of research (well, I was a beginner!)
I found my two Grandma's were sisters.     I had a tingling up my spine when I pieced it all
together.
I wish my mum was still alive to tell her.
Hazelnuts
wilson (renfrewshire,paisley)

Offline HarbordL

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: Friday 03 August 18 00:31 BST (UK) »
Hi, I've just started researching my family tree and have the Harbord family on my dad's side going back to our family seat in Norfolk. Saw your post about the Kray twins and spookily my father (who also grew up in London) looked very much like Reggie Kray and my youngest son even more so. Wondered if you had found links to the Harbords? Also had Harbords in Great Yarmouth too.

Offline Daonnachd

• RootsChat Member
  • kindness is free, sprinkle that stuff everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: Friday 03 August 18 02:04 BST (UK) »
Working as a Nurse on Nights shifts, in various places (a couple of them old Workhouses) I've had a number of odd experiences, but one in particular happened at a Residential/Nursing Home with about 40 residents.

I was on shift with two staff, who were both upstairs helping someone. A buzzer went off, so I went to see the person who called, as I passed I noticed the gentleman next door had kicked his sheet & blanket off the bed. He was asleep and it was very warm, so I left him till after I saw to the other person. When I went back he was all very tidily tucked in (Nurse-style). No way could he have done this himself. When one of the other staff came down, I told her I didn't hear her do it. Open mouthed she told me neither of them had come down because they had been busy on other calls!!!!!

Absolutely no way could anyone else in the building have done it!

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: Friday 03 August 18 02:38 BST (UK) »
I had a very spooky moment in a hospital as well, (first day back in the ward when I had my first child) I got up to go to the loo, glanced across at the red-headed new mother in the bed opposite me and thought she was dead!  She was lying flat on her back with her big blue eyes wide open, and didn't answer when i asked her if she was OK.  No response at all!  I panicked and I buzzed for the nurse, and when she arrived, and looked at her, she laughed, and said " Don't worry, she's just sound asleep, she always sleeps with her eyes open!   ;D ;D
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline rarebit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: Saturday 17 August 19 17:23 BST (UK) »
My mother died on the 27th of December got buried new years day 1968 ,my dad died on the 19 th December 1981 ,we  are 4 children ,since my parents died iv e had 2 children one born December 13 th ,one on 31 st December ,I have a niece and nephew both born 23 rd of December   
the day my dad got buried , different years ,a nephew born the night my dad died ,nephew on the 15 th ,one grandson born the day my mother died different year ,and another grandson of my brother On the 22 nd of December ,what's the odds of all those born in December after my mother and father died ,it's as if we needed something to make Christmas a better time for us
Devonald Maddock Thomas Edwards Barwick Groom Keene                                                                            Pembrokeshire Maesteg Bridgend Caernarvon Somerset Norfolk Wiltshire