Author Topic: albert and ethel howgego  (Read 5682 times)

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: albert and ethel howgego
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 16 April 16 09:06 BST (UK) »
i am putting my tree up on wikitree.

You also seem to have put a question up on there within the last 24 hours about Albert from Mistley, and mention "his" medal card??

Offline ahowgego

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 16 April 16 15:41 BST (UK) »
hi johnw65
yes i did put up a question, and i made the tree public, for other people to see the tree, i dont know if this is the right thing to do as im new to this, i live in America now thought maybe some body in nth America had Howgego relatives To connect with,

Offline detectingdavid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 02 January 17 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
I just found this thread online as I was looking for some info on an early 20thc token I found while metal detecting in Brentwood, Essex. UK.
Just wondering if its the same A Howgego?
Thanks
David

Offline ahowgego

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 02 January 17 20:03 GMT (UK) »
hi David.
Thanks for the pics, i will look into it, thanks for the lead, the token is very nice condition, I bought a token a couple of months ago from the ahowgego potato sellers in bishop gate markets in London, i never new there was a seller in dagenham.
andrew

Offline detectingdavid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 02 January 17 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andrew,
No problem, I'd be interested to hear what your investigation turns up.
Best of luck
David

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 03 January 17 03:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi the token could belong to Alfred Howgego in 1911, in 1901 Alfred 34 with wife Edith at same address Lakes Farm, Halbutt Street, Dagenham
Census Ref RG13/1645/98/44

In the 1902 Kellys Directory Alfred Howgego jnr was a Market Gardener

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Juninho

• RootsChat Extra
  • Per Mare Per Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 26 February 17 15:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, just found this after having an absence of many years from family history. My grandmother was Annie Eleanor Howgego, descended from Robert Hugegoe and Anne Gerrard; Lawford circa 1700. Thats where I was around about 1989. I also have a tree from Australia going back to  Thomas Howgego and Mahala Youngs. Best wishes, Martin.
Lowery.Lowrey.Lowry etc-Durham,Northumberland
Stephenson- Durham
Howgego- All
Maughan, Maugham- Durham
Reavley- Durham
Dixon- Durham
Emmerson-Weardale
Rutherford-weardale

Offline Caroline Bartlett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 05 May 17 10:01 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am Caroline Bartlett, and my grandad (mothers father) was Albert Reginald Howgego (19-11-19)

Can I help?

Offline Juninho

• RootsChat Extra
  • Per Mare Per Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 07 May 17 16:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Caroline, I am Martin Lowery b1955, Middlesbrough, N Yorks. All this computer FH is very new to me, and to be honest I just put in a search and this thread came up. I suppose I was just excited to find others researching Howgego, which wasn,t the case back in the 80,s. Anyway, my Grandmother(Dad,s mum) Annie Eleanor was born in Stockton 18.11.1891. Going back in order; Edward John Howgego b1848 Whitby; Joseph Jeremiah Howgego b 1826 Newton, Northumberland; John Howgego b 1793 Harwich; Jeremiah Howgego b1752 Bradfield; Jeremiah Howgego b1728 Lawford; Robert Hugegoe b c1700 Lawford. They moved up and down the east coast as Master Mariners,Coastguards, Preventive boatmen and Sailmakers.
 Many years ago I made a note of a Mahala Youngs /Howgego that I found at a local LDS library, for no other reason than I,d never come across a Mahala before and wondered if there may be a connection to my Howgego,s. Years later I was contacted by a lovely lady in Wales who also was descended from Howgego,s , and was a distant cousin. In the course of swapping information she sent me a copy of a tree from Australia of a Dr Francis G Smith and his wifes Grandmother was Ada Hannah Howgego b1862 Bradfield d. of a Jeremiah Howgego b 1841 Manningtree, who was the son of Thomas Howgego b 1797 Manningtree and Mahala Youngs b 1805.
 Only recently,  through info from this thread and others and subsequently using the computer have I managed to find the link, I hope.  I only have this rough sketched at the moment to try and get it in order, but if Thomas Howgego b 1797 Bradfield is descended from Thomas b 1736 with a Thomas b 1736 Manningtree who marries Eliz Polly in between, the link is  then with Jeremiah b 1728 Lawford and their father is Robert Hugegoe b c1700 Lawford  :)
 If you have any info that can prove or disprove this, that would be great. Look forward to hearing from you.
   Regards,
     Martin
Lowery.Lowrey.Lowry etc-Durham,Northumberland
Stephenson- Durham
Howgego- All
Maughan, Maugham- Durham
Reavley- Durham
Dixon- Durham
Emmerson-Weardale
Rutherford-weardale